What is up with Montreal?

Just curious. They are giving away a lot of quality talent for practically nothing. Curry is a good DB who they gave us for Greene.... who they could have picked up off waivers in a week Im sure. Then Kelly Malveaux for the 47th pick in the canadian draft????? Now Terry Vaughn for a conditional draft pick next year???? What gives. I thought for a while Shivers was bringing us down from the inside, now I wonder about Popp? Do they have a secret weapon hiding up their sleeves, or are they going to get each of their 100 backup QBs to play a different position as well?

.........this year it's QBs.........last year it was running backs........the Als had like eight RBs in their roster which made for great fun designing formations that featured a five player backfield......... :lol: .......problem this year is, under current rules, you can't have more than one designated QB on the field at any given time....

I think montreal showed last season that almost anybody can receive for Calvillo, as long as Ben Cahoon is one of them. I am also wondering though why we have all these QBs, Well at least we can hope that we will have an actual back-up for AC. And we got a few good defensive players from Ottawa. It's starting to look like the league is going to be a lot more competitive this season.

One thing that you cannot forget is that GM Jim Popp is as best as they come as a recruiter.As for the back up QB's, maybe they are stockpiling to make sure there will be 2 quality back ups instead of none the years previously.

Nealon Greene is very capable when he comes off the bench, so he could be very good in a backup QB role...

montreal has been in need of a good back up qb for sometime, likely they will find one in the pile.........

they also have to make some room for the cap next year, so why not start now and see what kind of talent they have coming up.......

and finally, Popp says to Taman........just how high are you willing to go for Kharikari.......Taman says as much it takes........so Taman agrees to back off in exchange for the Malveaux deal which occurred.......

all makes perfect sense.........