What is the best stadium in the CFL from a TV perspective?

Well my as well through my 2 cents in,here goes

1...WINNIPEG(Newest and modern,hands down #1)
2...SASK......(Always packed,wild and crazy fans)
3...MONT.....(Intimate setting,looks always full)
4...CALG......(Older venue,good fan support)
5...B.C........(Even with 30,000 still looks empty)
6...EDM.......(Huge pockets ,it seems of empty seats)
7...TOR.......(When att. under 25,000 looks empty,quiet)
8...GUEL/HAM(Temp.facility,waiting for HORTONS FEILD)

Not as much anymore with the hole in the roof…which is why Wally would prefer it closed - even in the summer! :roll:

As for the MC, his wife just had a baby so he wasn"t working last night. Ironically, the noise was much louder in the 1st quarter when people were cheering for the defense organically.

I will start with the worst. Montreal playing at McGill with the McGill logo on the center line. If you stumbled across the game on ESPN2 or NBC SN in the US you would not know who the home team is. Still having the lines for soccer being very visable makes look like less of a pro football game.

Calgary also does not come off as a pro game with the end zone having cars and trucks parked there. Has the soccer lines as well.

Since Mosaic put up the new seats in the end zone it looks very good on TV. Looks like a football stadium with the bowl set up.
The seats are always full so you cannot tell there is old seating on the sideline grand stadns. The Jumbo Tron with the Electronic sponsor screen next to it as well as the electronic advertisements going across the front of the grandstands very pro looking.

New seating at the larger Commonwealth looks great as there are some empty seats on TV. Covering the seats with the large sponsor Banners in the end zones instead of just showing empty seats lets the viewer know that they do have some local and National sponsors. This makes the best of what could be a bad look on TV. You see this even in the NFL now and MLS games in the football stadiums. Makes the stadium look professional in shrinking the capacity for smaller capacity events.

Rogers Centre and BC place are modern veneus with state of the Art everything including a retractable roof comes off great on TV as very professional.

Winnipeg ovbviously looks great on TV

Calgary now being owned by the Flames have said they have a plan for modern concession and VIP section in the end zone so that will bring it up to much better looking on TV.
The Als should at least have made the new turf where the center logo can be changed for Als games.

hamilton and Ottawa will also look great next year on TV

If it gets any better than tonight, I haven't seen it yet.

BC Place sounded loud Saturday on my TV.

Wow. Some pretty weak so-called CFL fans on this board I have to say.

Pretty sure Depop was infering that he is at all Rider home games, live and in person. Sounds like a pretty good fan to me. How would you define a strong CFL fan?

Exactly from a TV perspective. My point of view BUT I’ve ALSO visit stadiums TOO. Double prospective.
Read again. However big stadiums like Edmonton may look like have have small crowds but lead the league in attendance.
This does not hurt there TV PROSPECTIVE.

Great thread.

Obviously the CFL continues to improve aesthetically with the new stadiums. Down south, its no wonder places like Miami, with 90 degree weather, on a natural grass field, with 75,000 in the stands, look good.

Last winter, I used to re-watch BC Place games, just too look at the Stadium. This year, Winnipeg has thrown the TD. These two venues are the best (for now). Edmonton will improve dramatically with the new seats. Montreal has a nice stadium, and the new field turf really helps, but the soccer lines detract and make it too busy. I don't believe there is any CFL logos on the turf either, which is disappointing.

The rest; the engineering marval down by the lake, where my season tickets are, I'll sit there until I'm an old man. Sask is good, because it's sold out, but they do need their new stadium, to take the next step with the franchise. Calgary, older, but the right size. Ottawa and Hamilton are in with the new next year.

I laughed. 8)

BC hands down. Especially for night games. The lighting is top notch and they don't have the stupid ads on the field. It looks the the most big league. The worst has to be Calgary and Montreal because of the soccer lines. Those need to go ASAP

Percival Molson stadium has a magic to it and I really like watching games there on tv.
I was lucky enough to have watched a live game there in 2010 and will again this September.
Great atmosphere and it comes across on tv.

Next up, IGF. Loud and beautiful, and again, I was there for a game.

Mosaic next, because the fans there really make the fun come through the TV.

BC place is next, because it looks great.

Commonwealth is next. I'm interested in seeing the progress of the new seat installation. Then stadium looks clean and the colours are vibrant on my TV.

Skydome and McMahon are last, Imo. Stands always look half empty to me.

My Favorites
Rider games at night
Winnipeg games at night
Calgary games during the day
Edmonton games during the day

Least favorites
Montreal during the afternoon (very dull for some reason)
BC when it's not a playoff game (no atmosphere during Reg season)
Toronto in general (crap camera angle)
Hamilton (Guelph) in general (13000 doesn't make for much of an atmosphere)

I must admit the TiCats games seem to have a pretty good crowd...better than I was expecting for 1/2 sized ish

I really do like the games on TV at McGill my only complaint about how it appears on TV with no CFL markings on the field.
I am not sure but I think that a new turf has been put in by the Als and while I don’t think that the whole field should change all of the markings for the Als CFL game but the one thing would be at Center field where the Big McGill logo is should have been the one section that should of had the ability to change from McGill to Montreal Als for Als games
Just changing the markings for that one thing should not of been that expensive.
For any new CFL fan tuning into the game you would think that it was the McGill Als playing.
i do enjoy the Sunday 1:00 starts on Sundays beginning in the fall but i agree it deas seem rather dark. For what ever reason that is turning on some of the lights may brighten up the field making for a better looking game on TV

Gotta admit, Mosaic looks great on TV today with that crowd. They should be broadcasting more of the games from there in the US. Looks a lot better then a 1/2 empty TO or BC stadium.

Hands down it the Peg. IGF is a football GEM

That really is ashame that they don’t but NBCSN tends to show more prime time games on Thur or FRi and The Riders have a lot of Weekend games scheduled do to the travel and the tradition it has become to be a whole day event. ESPN2 did have a SAT afternoon game on though.
The Labor Day game will be on. Will they be adding even more seats by then?

And if we had less games, we wouldn't have to keep it up for as long... 8)

what is going on in Regina has been simply awesome. 40K sellout today vs Montreal looked fnatastic.
New stadium coming in 2017 yet still made some great uppgrades with the end zone seats and suites last season and now already capacity added early for the Grey cup simply awesome!!

:thup: :thup: