What is required to win in the cfl,

The most important position on the field in the CFL is no doubt the qb. You can be competitive with a pocket passer with limited mobility. You can be competitive with a veteran qb that plays with courage.
But you can win with a qb who can move the pocket, who is moblile, who can throw on the run, who can throw down the field and stretch the defense. Someone who has a "rifle" for a arm. Someone who can put fear into oppossing defenses because of his unpredictability. Someone who can take charge and be cool, calm and collective under pressure. Someone who the players can look up to.....a positive leader.
It seems to me that the common denominator in all these games, the one position that we've basically stayed "pat" with, last year and this, is the qb. :cowboy: This team can bring in all the talent in the world but you have to have a effective qb to win in this league. :cowboy:

more points than the other team :lol:

Yessiree. The CFL is an offense oriented league and the most important position in 2 down football is the QB. In the CFL offence wins games. This is not the NFL where the most important offensive position is RB but its defence that wins game. This entire premise is why the CFL is a more entertaining game when you strip all of the other stuff away

not much, i dont get why we havnt got one under our belt.

one what?

Payton Manning plays RB? Me thinks the NFL QB is most important too :wink:

No, NFL QB is 2nd most important, RB is most. If the Chargers didn't have LT would they manage anything? If the 49ers didn't have Gore would they have won a game last year? If the Chiefs didn't have Johnson how many wins would they have?

Miller91 Posted: Jul 29, 2007 - 02:55 PM

No, NFL QB is 2nd most important, RB is most. If the Chargers didn’t have LT would they manage anything? If the 49ers didn’t have Gore would they have won a game last year? If the Chiefs didn’t have Johnson how many wins would they have?

Thomas Jones for the bears, Chester Taylor for the Vikings, Ronnie Brown for the Dolphins, Brian Westbrook for the Eagles…the list goes on and on

Kinda proves my point huh? While running backs are a dime a dozen, being manufactured right out of college, who usually run straight through holes and get all their accolaides due to superior O-line play; Teams are dying to find their next great QB, even looking to the CFL to find gems because this position is so hard to play and so pivitol to success. Many teams have to rely on a RB, and now their defences, because they have no QB. Where as a team with a Payton Manning can single handedly lead your offense to a Superbowl.

Over time, the NFL has become a pass happy league, which honestly, rivals the CFL for excitement. The QB is the start of the next NFL trendy offence.

The qb is so important in the cfl because of the two downs and the wider field.
You'd better produce on first down and you better be able to challenge the defence by being able to sprint out. To give yourself more room to accomplish this, you'd better be able to get the ball down field deep once in a while. If the defences don't respect your arm, they'll be playing you much tighter.
All this, falls on the shoulders of the qb.
Pocket passers are a thing of the past in this league. :cowboy:

We have a winner in buckwheat

You betcha argocon....
The buckwheat's got it going on.
I think, if you look at the most successful teams in the cfl, there is one common denominator......a mobile qb with a strong arm. There's only one of the eight teams that doesn't have that. :cowboy:

Actually we aren't the one team tho, thats Montreal and Calvillo is really struggling. Our strong armed mobile QBs are both on the bench and I have no idea what Montreal has on the bench

argoc....,
I couldn't make out what you said. Try and restate it.

regards.....