what is Montreal's status in the league?

Well, some were claiming that Mtl loses money and could go out of business and the league is on shaky ground, ect...so I posted the Esks cash reserves to show that CFL teams could be successful and in comparison Mtl probably isn't in that bad of shape. :expressionless:

Thanks now I understand, this league has no structural issues in fact I think that's why the players want their share, rightly so. Toronto's problem is caused by the lack of control over or lack of a stadium. The two departing owners really should have fought a smarter fight when the city build "the soccer" stadium.

i also remember the Als being nothing but positive in discussions about expansion in quebec.

a QC team would ensure the Als sell-out the Big-O for labour-day games, and any playoff match-up against the QC team, regardless of the Als record…as well as the added media attention those match-ups would gain across quebec…it can only be a positive for the Als to have a provincial rival.

It would not affect the Als. RDS would be glad to purchase more football games. The problem is frorm the caretaker of the Rouge et Or who has the mayor and the University in his back pocket. Its too bad someone isn't interested in putting the money for a temp stadium. CFL would be a huge hit in Quebec City. 30k crowds and 40k when they play Montreal no problem.