What is Gibson...Doing ?

With all due respect.....
I think it's time for Gibson to get down to the sidelines....
So that the Player's...can tell this guy....that his play-calling...(well)..if I was to say it here.
This Post would be removed.
Brutal.... :thdn:

I agree - I knew what they were going to do in all of the short yardage situations, and I am no defensive genius (although I do know the advantage of pressuring a QB).

Gibson doesn’t deserve anyone’s respect…

MTL started to get consistent heat after the first Q, yet we don't call our first screen until 6 mins left in the 4th Q...how about we throw the ball down the field once MTL starts jumping the short stuff..like they were since the 2nd Q. When Porter came in the playcalling didn't even chance, MTL started to play prevent. Unreal.

The Play Calling was not great ..
without balace you can't win

I thought we were going to work Thiggy into our offense...
what happened to that, I could do a better job calling plays.

I have been calling for his head since the end of last year.

Our play calling has no creativity. It's just basic college formations (CIS, not NCAA)

We make no effort to establish the running game.

Cobb isn't tough enough between the tackles. We need a guy who can get the tough yards.

We just aren't moving the ball and our offense is way to predictable.

I don't find Gibson works the horizontal game enough with rubs and picks. I know, this is the bee in my bonnet, but CFL offenses today can't just go balls-to-the-wall vertical and expect to have consistent success. You need to use pre-snap motion and picks to create separation for your receivers.

Seems to me Thigpen had a couple of good games and now he watchs the punts bounce around the field. He needs to catch them before they hit the ground.

Any game plan involves catching the ball. Must have had close to 10 drops tonight. Drops kill momentum - affects play call.

If James makes a couple of tough catches to prolong drives and ....

IMO we have some of the most talent on offence in this league. The fault lies 100% with Gibson and his play calling, this offence should be able to hang with Montreal any day of the week, or anyone else in this league for that matter.

We’re a broken record on this, DAP. It. Boggles. The. Mind. ROTFLMFAO

I’'m a fan, okay? Thigpen would run at least 5-10 slants or crossing patterns either motioning out of the backfield into the slot or breaking through the LOS in a pattern ATTACKING the defence horizontally in short and intermediate zones. EVERY GAME!

Gassing linebackers? Not a sin in the 21st century CFL. :wink:

You alter the plays and create the audibiling capability for that TO HAPPEN as a gameplan – a Thigpen package if you will!

WE SCARE NO ONE week after week. Our two-head monster, misdirection extravaganza versus Winnipeg? Reduced to some U of T spread circa 2003 in the CIS this week! UNFREAKINGBELIEVABLE…

LOL, I know. It is mind-boggling to see Gibson still running this vanilla nonsense with an experienced QB like Glenn at the helm. When Porter was the starter last season, I could at least understand the need to keep things simple for a young QB, but right now? Not a defensible move.

Thigpen would run at least 5-10 slants or crossing patterns either motioning out of the backfield into the slot or breaking through the LOS in a pattern ATTACKING the defence [u]horizontally[/u] in short and intermediate zones. EVERY GAME! [/b]
Amen, brother. I'd hate to face that, particularly with Cobb as the check-release option on a curl giving Glenn two good options if his primary receiver is taken away. And how about stacked crossing routes to put the safety and MLB in a bind about whether to stay shallow, intermediate, or deep?
You alter the plays and create the audibiling capability for that TO HAPPEN as a gameplan -- a Thigpen package if you will!
I wonder how much Gibson is taking advantage of the mics in helmets this season. I noticed in the Montreal-BC game that Calvillo was audibling a helluva lot more at the LOS than I've ever seen him do, almost Peyton Manning style where he re-aligned receivers into different formations in order to get the matchup or look he wanted from the defense. There doesn't seem to be much room for Glenn to audible at the line or motion Thigpen or even Cobb into a pattern that attacks the enemy defense horizontally by putting defenders in a chase position with the possibility of picks / rubs increasing exponentially running sideline to sideline.

I believe..that the 2010 Cats have the weapons on this team, to be one of the best...in the CFL.
Sadly...that will not happen..with Gibson calling the Offence..bottom line.
And (yes)...he should have been replaced last season...yet he continue's...to be the O/C.
The fans have seen this.....for far too long.
Why can't Marcel...Obie..and others....it's very...very...clear. :thdn:

Cheers

After watching this game I can only say that Gibson has no clue.
Oh and it would help if we STOPPED throwing the ball to Drissan James - it's a waste of time for the most part.

After watching this game I can only say that Gibson has no clue.
Oh and it would help if we STOPPED throwing the ball to Drissan James - it's a waste of time for the most part.

or we could release both of them… I like my idea better :lol:

hands oui-oui an asprin and a cold beer

Very frustrating. Zero half time adjustments. The Als adjusted, and found a way to move the ball. The Cats just kept bashing thier heads against a wall, at the same pace as the first half even. Same pace I was bashing my forehead on the bar, sitting beside a Als fan that was pointing and laughing at me.

Question: Why has it taken a year and a half to recognize that Stala should be our go-to guy. Everyone on this board has known it for more that a year.
Stala had another brilliant game. That guy doesn't drop anything.

Last year’s Stala wasn’t the same as this year’s Stala. He dropped weight in the offseason, changed his diet, and became fleeter of foot, which is allowing him to get open more frequently.

He’s always had sticky hands, though. He would have been a perennial thousand-yard man in Montreal had injuries not been an issue. Glad to see him healthy and thriving in Hamilton, he’s a class act.