What if we don't win the grey cup in 2023?

Youre taking up cap space and a roster spot if youre no longer an impact player esp. at LB and Lawrence hasnt been in two years.

1 Like

I disagree . If they want to return, then bring them to camp . Give them the opportunity to claim their spot . Obieā€™s saying ā€œBetter is betterā€ should always apply but give the vets a chance .

4 Likes

I agree, but with a salary cap, there are times when it canā€™t.

I agree Simoni may have lost something, but last year he was injured for half the season and in 2021 he was the East Division Defensive Player of the year.
In terms of how good he will be in 2023 it is all speculation. I still think he signs a new one year deal soon.

7 Likes

Agree. But cutting a player ā€œa year too early is better than a year too lateā€ holds truth .

2 Likes

Until people start to go berserk because that player, playing elsewhere, has a career year and kills us. Just imagine the posts from the peanut gallery.

4 Likes

Yes, Theres always the risk of backfire. Take Acklin for instance.

1 Like

or his teammate Mauldin .

3 Likes

The 2023 CFL Draft order is on the CFL site . The Cats have 6 picks .

https://www.cfl.ca/draft-tracker/2023/

1 Like

I like how picking 6th matches up with #6 on the most recent rankings list:

A 6ā€™3", 210 lb. American trained WR from Peterborough would be a nice ā€œcatchā€ for the Cats.

1 Like

Jared Wayne from Peterborough has declared for the NFL Draft . Hereā€™s the U of Pitt receiverā€™s stats .

Receiving & Rushing

• indicates bowl stats included
  • Share & Export

Receiving Rushing Scrimmage
Year School Conf Class Pos G Rec Yds Avg TD Att Yds Avg TD Plays Yds Avg TD
*2019 Pitt ACC FR WR 5 18 261 14.5 1 1 -3 -3.0 0 19 258 13.6 1
2020 Pitt ACC SO WR 7 21 326 15.5 1 0 0 0 21 326 15.5 1
*2021 Pitt ACC JR WR 13 47 658 14.0 6 0 0 0 47 658 14.0 6
*2022 Pitt ACC SR WR 12 60 1063 17.7 5 0 0 0 60 1063 17.7 5

2 Likes

Pat, I hope you donā€™t mind - a bit easier to read in table format (without the one -3 yds rushing attempt in 2019 :smiley:):

Jared Wayne

1 Like

Thanks ClosetCat . As soon as I posted it , I thought , oh my gawd how do I fix that ? The original certainly didnā€™t look like my post . God bless you my child . :heartbeat:

2 Likes

The # 1 guy in CFL rankings , Chase Brown from London Ont , reminds me of Kenny Walker . Walker was a standout RB with Michigan State last year . This year with the Seahawks he could become the rookie of the year in the NFL . I think Brown is that good and therefore will be a late round pick in the CFL Draft .

2 Likes

More like Baby Brother. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes