What if the Tiger-Cats left Hamilton?

I appologize for not meeting your high standards.

Permission to carry on, Sir?

Granted!! Now on with the thread…

No Cats?–then I’d have to revert to being a 100% Argos fan. But really, if the CFL lost another team, any team, it’d be the end of the league. In this day and age, I don’t think a 7-team league can be taken seriously.

Anyway, in my wildest nightmares, I can’t imagine a Cats-less CFL.

An Argo-Cat fan

If the TiCats ever left Hamilton? Horrible thought. But I guess that would be the official date in history Hamilton officially becomes a suburb of Toronto. Hmmm, and the problem is that I bet some city officials would welcome that, and I'm being serious here!

But, as someone growing up hating the Cats and having the Argos as my no. 1 team (didn't grow up in Hamilton), I'd naturally cheer for the blue team if they were still around of course which is no given.

Anyways, yes, don't like this thread at all. :thdn:

That’s a matter of opinion and your posts haven’t always been worthy of Mensa either so don’t go throwing stones.

I’ll drink to that.
But not at Skydome because I’m not paying $15 for a beer.

While the Skydome or RC might be the worst place for you guys for football, it's still football and I don't mind it at all. Not as good as IWS of course but football works there.
Now I'm not a big baseball fan anyways but I hate watching baseball in the RC, that's one game that doesn't work for me at the RC. Again, as I say, I'm biased agains't baseball in the first place though.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

i agree, a baseball stadiums are meant to be more open. that place is just one big hunk of concrete and steel.

I actually don't mind watching a Red Sox game from Fenway or the Yanks at Yankee Stadium, Dodgers, KC etc. at their baseball stadiums, have to admit. But baseball at the RC is a disconnect, to use language how my employer says what my position is. lol

Whereas football at the RC, heck, looks very normal as the outdoorsy or retro older look of baseball isn't required, at least as much although the outdoors capability is very, very nice but just not as needed as in baseball. Baseball needs more touchy-feely stadiums.

LOL
Actually, the opposite. I hate the leafs. Can’t stand 'em.

Rust25....
Your thread, makes me think of one man..and one man only, that I think was one of the greatest owners that kept the Ti-Cats in Hamilton, and alive.
Harold Ballard.
I remember sitting in box J...in the 80's thinking I felt that I was the only one at the game. Because the stadium looked almost empty.... Harold was giving away TV sets and stereo's at half time...I guess to try to get folks to come to the games....it was very dark days for the Cats.
If not for Ballard the Cats would have folded back then. Harold sank millions keeping the Cats in the CFL..and thankfully the Cats gave him the Cup in 86.
I think your post should remind us just how much this team means, not only to us as fans...but also what the Hamilton Tiger-Cats means to the CFL.
The past five years have been a little ruff....
but our Cats are still here.

:thup:

I don’t think I could have said it better myself. :slight_smile:

Anyway, I would still watch CFL games, but not be nearly as entertained by them. And I would also be waiting for the CFL to return. I would likely hear the CFL commissioner occasionally mention the possibility of the CFL returning to Hamilton. And there would be those who would say that the CFL should not go back to where a team folded. And there would be those who would say Hamilton should be given another chance because the Ticats did not do well and could not be expected to draw many fans. And then there would be those who would say that IWS would need millions of dollars in upgrades before a CFL team could play there again. In other words, the situation we would have would be similar to the one that Ottawa has. And so I say we should be thankful that there still is a team here, even if it has not been a very good one lately.