What if Russia invades Canada?

If Russia ever did invade Commissioner Randy would run over and try to get them to join the CFL 2.0 initiative.

Come to think of it, maybe he can sign deals with BOTH Russia’s and Ukraine’s gridiron football associations due to the presence of huge and growing CFL fanbases in both countries. That would probably bring about an end to hostilities right then and there.

1 Like

naah, over in Europe, they try to kill each other outside the stadium after or during the games

1 Like

@EZ…look up NATO.
Also @EZ. i know you did not intend this thread to become another punch line, but for GOD’S SAKE MAN if you do not intend for that shite to happen all the time, stop posting really realy really asinine and completely insane posts

AND to answer you original post NATO and especially out big brother the USA would step in and protect the hell out of Canada. there is not a scenario ever conceived or to be conceived that Russia would have only Canada to fight if they ever invaded us.

5 Likes

You ever see that movie Red Dawn with Patrick Swayze, Charlie Sheen and Jennifer Grey? WOLVERINES!!! Is there any other route? Although those guys were Americans - but you get the picture - WOLVERINES!!!

2 Likes

gophers…no caps lock for areason…gophers are not as dangerous as WOLVERINES

1 Like

hehe

Ah funny in an insane thread like this someone decides to have Canada simply become the 52nd state

Your grasp of geopolitics is seriously flawed…

USA looks at us the same way Russia is looking at the Ukraine
The Americans are happy to use us as a buffer zone

Trust me we are in far more danger of the Americans invading us than the Russians ever would
(And neither NATO’s Euro teams nor the Russians ever would or could as their supply lines would be stretched laughably thin)

If the Russians conquer Ukraine, they will no longer be a buffer zone. Then the Russian will have what they say they fear re Ukraine. They will find themselves next to NATO.

If Russia invades Canada, the USA will have to decide between starting a for sure major war, or trying to live next door to Russia on the chance they can make it work. Which would you decide. Which would NATO decide. We have the answer re Ukraine. Doesnt matter if Ukraine is NATO or not, the rest of the countries are still chicken shit enough to not do all they can for fear of what Russia might do in response

1 Like

I don’t think their end game is to conquer as in make it part of Russia, they would support and help install a new government that’s not pro west/pro NATO.

Effectively make it another Belarus

3 Likes

based on resistance, I would say fat chance of that. Hopefully

1 Like

Look up War Plan Red - the Americans had plans to attack Canada in case the American Empire and the British Empires went to war in the late 1920’s. Would not doubt if the Pentagon has something similar on the books for today -

1 Like

yea, and Germany was an enemy in TWO world wars and is now part of NATO…England and France were at ware more often than not for hundreds of years… now are allies for very long time and for good reason… i do not see your point…I understand it but but not getting what your point is. England was also at one point looking to be allied with japan some years before WW2 because they thought war was inevitable between the USA and Great Britain. I am also quite certain every country with any army has plans on file incase any life time ally suddenly becomes a foe

1 Like

No point just a Wikipedia page I stumbled across a while ago

2 Likes

The resistance is doing well in the north, but I would refer you to the live map of the territory gains of Russia in the South given your apparent overconfidence for the results of the resistance so far.

Of course, we’ll see what western support does or does not do to help even further.

1 Like

Sorry, most of us would give up New Jersey and a few other places before attacking Canada or any such silly ideas, as opposed to addressing all actual problems be they for domestic or foreign policy.

Indeed there is associated history during the Revolutionary War, but nope, such plans are not on modern radar unless it’s some other guy aged 25 or older in his parents’ basement playing yet another game like Call of Duty.

2 Likes

We fought a war on ice in 1972 .

They invaded four cities in 72 and it all looked lost then we counter attacked in USSR . The last battle is seen here ....... .

7 Likes

Your grasp of geopolitics is seriously flawed.
Canada is a member of NATO and we are a partner with the US for the air defense of North American (NORAD)
As a member of NATO any incursion on our land would be met with invoking Article 5 - other NATO countries would are obligated to help. Canada had military bases in Germany for close to 60 years, part of our NATO obligation, a deterence to the Soviets.
Any move on Canada’s northern border would be a move against NATO.
The biggest threat by Russia would be to the US portion of the Arctic - Alaska. The US and Russia are just miles apart across the Berent Sea, the US controls the western entrance to the North West Passage and Denmark controls the eastern entrance in Greenland.

2 Likes

The Canadians took the USSR for granted and it was not TEAM CANADA’S best team (some couldn’t participate due to signing contracts with the WHA).

Vancouver never hosted again until 1996 due to booing the team off the ice.

They were fortunate to win at the end as they would have suffered far more shame than the Americans did after Vietnam.

3 Likes

Its very simplistic and juvenile to liken playing hockey games to killing one another in a war imo

2 Likes