What has happened to our entertaining Grey Cups

Personally, I'm fine with the scores as it is, I like defensive football. But Warren Moon did say that 3 downs is very difficult on the qb position, tougher than 4 downs. One reason why some high schools have gone to 4 downs. I just think if the CFL doesn't have access to the Flutie types as much any more, serious discussion on going to 4 downs should happen at all levels. Or maybe offensive coordinators should get back to "Flutie ball" and draft 5'8" qb's out of US college. Who knows. Remember, it's about entertainment value, not what is right or wrong or whatever. I just want the CFL to continue to grow even if I want it personally to stay 3 downs. If it means going to 4, so be it.

Me too. I thoroughly enjoyed it. I can enjoy a defensive battle. The only "dud" in this GC is the writer who calls it that.

I'll take this exciting game any day over a 3-0 Monday Night thriller.

I too enjoyed the game. It wasn't an instant classic but it was still better than most every Super Bowl I've seen.

What is with the Canadian attitude that if something is Canadian, it is instantly inferior or substandard? The sports market in Canada is such a tough market compared to the states. If American sports had to function with the level of support that Canadians give, they'd be in trouble.

I don't think it comes down to quality so much as it comes down to the difference in cultural attitude towards sports. They tend to identify with the team and make it a matter pride (similar to their patriotism).

Why are we so pessimistic?

It's the evolution of the game, defenses are so good at disguising what they do, most qb's can't get a good read on how to attack them.