What happened to the atmosphere?!?

What's happened to Ivor Wynn's atmosphere. Hamilton has the best fan's going - I think we can all agree on that. But how are we supposed to get pumped up for a losing team when there is nothing to pump us up but dead air? There was NO music at last nights game, no cheering, no dancing from the Cheerleaders, nothing going on at all - What gives? It would be nice to have somthing to watch inbetween plays. It's so quiet and stale. I could have been watching the game from home with the t.v. on mute and got the same effect.

I watched the cheerleaders do a few numbers with their tight black shorts and so did some of the Argonauts.

NO! Even with the reduced music and stuff Jason Farr is horrible and oppressing. Last night was an IMPROVEMENT over years past, but the gameday experience really needs one thing:

A team that can win football games.

The announcer needs to be replayed by one that comes across as professional ie one that is informative with a strong clear speaking voice rather than one that usually mumbles incoherently with an occasional yell thrown in.He often doesn't inform who made the tackle,interception,position of the line of scrimmage etc.

WE HAVE A BINGO!!!!!!!!!!

I don't usually bash, but Farr is GOD AWFUL. I couldn't take it. If I ignore all the times he gave credit to the wrong person on a tackle (spotter's errors) he was still terrible. He called Wayne Shaw Wayne Smith. He said "The Argos have Bashir and Levingston back on the punt return" (Bruce and Levingston) and by far the worst was "Argo Nate Curry injured on the play". Horrible.

i agree. that guy needs to be replaced by a professional who actually knows CFL football and the players...sounds like a no-brainer...

the atmosphere wasnt that great last nite, prolly because ticat fans have seen this tape before…and they nolonger have hope.

The main itrem that’s missing from the game is PIGSKIN PETE!!!

He was the person to get the fans involved with the game…Heck, Daddy-O even had us performing the Oskee Wee Wee chant to try to get us to cheer on the team.

It's all window dressing. If the team was decent, the announcer would be given a pass. But the Cats are not even remotely competitive which magnifies all the other stuff. By the time the team starts winning, Farr will be fine---which should be about 2009. :slight_smile:

An Argo-Cat fan

heres the 'WAVE' from last nite

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxNi518PUzw

If you are who I think you are, dobber, you are really not going to like to hear this.

Problem 1. Too much losing badly. It is now too easy to take the fans out of the game. Give us some wins, or at least some hope, and we'll get our mojo back -- if problem two is also solved.

Problem 2. Two years plus of "game day entertainment". Too much music, lousy choice of music, music too loud, music played right up to the snap no matter who has the ball, idiotic exhortations from the announcer, announcer with no feel for the game, inappropriate cheerleading, dumb announcer mistakes, poor timing before and during the game, and on and on and on. The fans have been trained to be an audience -- passive receptors, not active participants.

I can't help wondering if the two problems are connected. A successful sports franchise always puts the SPORT first, in every aspect of the organization. Desjardins has already implied that the business side was interfering with football decisions before he came along. Hopefully that has now stopped, or we can forget about winning any time soon.

Ever since Bob Young took over, I have also felt that the game day entertainment people have believed that they are more important than the actual football. Scott Mitchell has started trying to correct this, but last night's experience suggests that there is a long way to go. If they can't adjust to the system, it may be necessary to make some upgrades to the personnel, and fast. We cannot have any other part of the organization undercutting or distracting the players at this stage in a rebuilding process.

Three observations:

1. Jason Farr overkill;
  2. No Pete = no collective focus on chanting during the game except for the disembodied electronic bleating of "DEFENCE";
  3. Not sure about sound levels -- I thought they sounded better than last year from watched the broadcast yesterday, but even with improvements, the on-field situation is an energy $uck.

Oski Wee Wee,

I HAVE BEEN A SEASON TICKET HOLDER FOR 2 YEARS NOW I AM FOURTEEN THIS IS MY THIRD SEASON I HAVE BEEN VERY DISAPOINTED WITH THE GAME ATMOSPHRTRE THE MOST INTERESTING THING WAS THE WAVE DURING THE 4TH QUARTER LIKE CMON PEOPLE WERENT EVEN PAYING ATTENTION I THINK THT U PEOLPLE SHULD CHEER A LITTLE LOUDER THE ISENT RIGHT LIKE THE CATS ARE PLAYIN WITH NO ZIP U AS TICAT FANS HAVE TO GIVE THEM THT ZIP. I EVEN HEARD THE TICAT FANS TALKING MORE ABOUT THE ARGOS MORE THEN THE CATS. OVERALL IM EXTREAMLY DISAPPOINTED. :x

............- thought you could use a few.

yea our announcer is crap

last night number 84 on the argos got hurt and he said that #84 nate curry of the argos is injured on the play

AND NATE CURRY IS ON THE TICATS!