What Happened to Richie Williams?

Can anyone tell me the steps that came and decisions that were made to make Richie WIlliams 3rd QB?

I haven't seen or heard any press (Or I've missed the press) regarding this decision.

There's been some general complaints and disappointment in this forum but I couldn't find an reasoning or logic behind it. Anyway, if anyone has any insight on the real scoop behind this decision, please reply.

I would say that the brains at Tiger Cats have established that Porter has a better chance of being a starter in the league that Willaims.
Lets see what Porter has.
Williams might give the team a better chance to win right now, but the team is more interested at this point in the big picture.

New Head Coach. New sheriff in town. Everybody gets a clean slate. Experimenting. Fun, eh?

Which is why I am so against a coaching change midseason. All it does is create more turmoil. Look at Toronto - they brought in the Don, and still, they’ve been far worse with him because he’s gotta see what PIcket can do. Every coach wants to make it “his” team, so he starts experimenting with ways to put his stamp on it. Yeah, it’s real fun.

I don't know.... I really don't know....
but is there any chance that Williams and Marcel aren't on the same page? We saw how Richie tended to scramble early while Printers and now Porter are more inclined to follow intended schemes and stay in the pocket.

I don’t really agree with your analysis Mark. Printers is scrambling alot more now as his rushing stats show. He said he learned from watching WIlliams that he’s gotta just get up field if the opportunity is there. So I would doubt that WIlliams is being Moreno’d because he’s not on the same page with his coordinator. As for staying in the pocket - bad place to be last night.

Printers is scrambling alot more now as his rushing stats show. He said he learned from watching WIlliams that he's gotta just get up field if the opportunity is there
That's kind of my point. I'm not arguing 'cause I'm just trying to figure it out. Marcel's schemes clearly call for more of a pocket passer. Casey has given up on them while it doesn't look like Richie ever bought in. Porter's own style, and his coming to the fore under Bellefeuille, MIGHT suggest that he's favoured because of keeping to the schemes.

Hey… I don’t know. I’m just guessing at this point. I do clearly agree that Casey changed his style during the season. When he did, he looked better but was he going against the OC’s plans? That’s the question.

I guess he is not a pocket passer! at 6-5" and a guy that can take numerous sacks! :thup: RW should have started last night against this pass rush, with Happy feet it could have added more options to the game plan!