what happened to freedom of speech

yesterday I posted a poll asking how many people will join in the argos s*uck chant
but much to my dismay my poll has vanished into thin air and was wondering what the out come was but I guess that will not happen because I have been sensored regardless I will still yell at the top of my lungs

ARGO'S S :twisted: CK :stuck_out_tongue: 8) :twisted:

Thank you everyone for the huge response.
The point I was trying to make has been twisted and was never an attack on Mr. Young or how he runs the cats, I just wanted to find out how many of the fans from the loud rowdey days are still out there
, and just GET AS LOUD AS WE CAN!

(HEY BOB , thanks for the grammer lesson.)

GO CATS GO

There is no such thing as free speech, my friend. It’s a fairy tale. :wink:

Donny,

Since you asked:

We strongly believe in freedom of speech (note spelling) here at ticats.ca.

At the same time we try to maintain a civil discussion of whatever topic you want to discuss.

So while you are more than welcome to express your displeasure with the Argos or the Ticats, or Manchester United for that matter, you are requested to do so in a grown-up and civilized manner.

There are children listening, as well as easily offended old geezers like me. :wink:

We cannot promise you will like our moderating decisions, but rest assured we would rather not moderate these forums at all. The only reason we moderate is so that everyone feels welcome here.

Cheers, Bob.

Word History: A relationship with a word we know well is disguised in the word geezer. A clue to this relationship is found in British dialect. The English Dialect Dictionary defines geezer as “a queer character, a strangely-acting person,” and refers the reader to guiser, “a mummer, masquerader.” The citations for guiser refer to practices such as the following: “People, usually children … go about on Christmas Eve, singing, wearing masks, or otherwise disguised,” the last word of this passage being the one to which geezer is related.

You are neither queer of character, nor a strangely acting person, Bob.

There are few, if any, absolute rights, including the right to free speech. As in, ‘my right to form a fist ends where your nose begins.’

As a general rule, before invoking your ‘right’ to free speech, do what I do; I think to myself “would I use this word or phrase in the presence of my mother?” If the answer is no, then you won’t see me use it here.

Great post!

You are neither queer of character, nor a strangely acting person, Bob.
You have clearly never spoken to my wife. ;-)

Hey, Bob The Caretaker. What a cop out.

Argos **** chant was here long before you and it is as old as Oskiweewee.

Being a long time season ticket holder with my name on my seat no less, I am offended by your response.

We have paid our hard earned money through thick and thin over many years of frustrated losing years and, quite honestly, have never got less value than since you took over this mess of a team.

We have a right as paying fans to be heard whenever and wherever we want under these circumstances including bringing megaphones to games which you, also, won't allow any more.

You are the one that needs to grow up and get some moderate tolerance.

Spend more time worrying about the product on the field instead of the fans in the stands or, once again, there will only the few die hard fans, like us, left!

Check out wirtzsucks.com in the good old USA if you want to see what a real owner sports web site looks like and learn something about real expression - not vulgarity, just true opinions.

Based upon your childish response, I expect this post will be heavily censored and I dare you to print it but at least I had my say to give you something to sleep on! Maybe.

Go! Cats! Go!

We have paid our hard earned money through thick and thin over many years of frustrated losing years and, quite honestly, have never got less value than since you took over this mess of a team.
Very true...and so have I but with that said we wouldn't be going to games if Bob didn't step up.
Being a long time season ticket holder with my name on my seat no less, I am offended by your response.
Well your name might be on your seat but it doesn't seem to be attached to your attack.

its fans like stox that give us fans (die-hard or not) a bad reputation

actually his reply is what free speech is all about. just because you dont agree with it doesnt make it wrong. does he have the right to vent like that?absolutely.He pays his money for a product and is unhappy,i guarantee his isnt the only one that thinks that way.

No where did I mention that his opinion doesnt matter and just like his opinion I have mine and completely disagree with pretty much everything he says.

Re: stox comments above. I am a co-worker of stox, and can say that he is the hardest core fan I have ever met. What is wrong with wanting a winning team to be fielded and voicing your opinion in that regard?

That said, I commend Bob Young for blogging on this webpage (does MLSE do that?)

In this politically correct world, stox is a "voice in the wilderness" (self admittedly, I stole that quote from stox).

Argoooooooooos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 quick points!

1.Donny's poll + posting which was deleted had some content which certainly was out of order.

1. Caretaker replied -
    "We strongly believe in freedom of speech (note spelling) here at ticats.ca."

I sense a slight crack in the pillar of representation..

1. How about a win Saturday?
Re: stox comments above. I am a co-worker of stox, and can say that he is the hardest core fan I have ever met. What is wrong with wanting a winning team to be fielded and voicing your opinion in that regard?
Well seeing how he's such a 'hard-core' fan you'd think he would at least have a little respect for the guy who saved the team he cheers for.

Put aside your freedom of speech. If not for Bob Young you probably wouldn't have a football team to cheer for or a website to rant on. If you want to set up a poll about Argos S*ck, then make your own website and discuss whatever your free mouth desires. The moderators have the right to pull off whatever they want from their own website.

Let me try to put this in some type of perspective...

"A warrior's might (worth) is graded by the strenght of his enemy"...if the Argo's S**K and we happen to get beat by them, Well, what does that say about OUR MIGHT?

I've heard that chant so many times, and only to have us get beat, perhaps we should try to be a little more civil and shout encouragement to our players rather than trying to get under the skin of Argo Fans who are, after all, GUESTS IN OUR HOUSE! :wink:

Nah, what fun would that be. :wink:

but wait, dont the argos suck? i thought they did. suck that is.

if the Argo's S**K and we happen to get beat by them, Well, what does that say about OUR MIGHT?
"Oh, I'd rather be a tiger than a freakin' argonaut...."

Ah man, now the Hamilton arts community is getting censored!

We're through the looking glass here, people.