What happened at the end of the game?!?!?!

Okay...so I was one of the unlucky Bell customers that lives in the west end of downtown and did not get to see the game on TV. I tuned in a few minutes before the start and as the game was supposed to start got the unavailable in my area message...s/u/c/k/s...

S/u/c/k/s even more when I later tune in to 900 CHML (man AM radio sounds like POO!!! - maybe the Cats should work a deal with one of the FM stations in the area so the games will sound better when one can't get to a TV or they decide to black out a game - but that's a different issue) and hear that there is 27,000+ in attendance (read ticket sales). Why the hell did they black the game out?

Well, anyway, I turned off the radio because I just can't stand to listen to AM...like I said before it sounds like POO...and decide I would watch SportsCentre at 10 PM...lucky me I got to watch the last few minutes of the game...

What did I see...the Edmonton fumble and one last ticat possession with Maas taking the knee to prevent the Eskimos from scoring. Smart move, run out the clock as you already have the lead.

I guess the Eskimos didn't get the memo on how to react when a QB is taking the knee...or they didn't want to be known as the first team in some to not beat the Cats at home...

What was with all the contact? And, what was with Gass puching one of the Cats back down on to the turf and giving him a solid boot in the ribs?

This is not football! I hope there is some fallout from this!

(As a side note to this message - I just viewed it after posting and found that I mistyped the word as early in the post, I added a second s to the end of it - the smart ones in the crowd will be able to figure out what that spelled. Then I noticed that a word I had put in was blacked out using asterisks...that word was sucks...so I went back and put slashes in to have it say s/u/c/k/s. I can't believe that thisforum would censor the word sucks, but would not censor the word ass!)

Maybe because the upper ups's at one point wanted us to stop chanting Argo's suck, so they just bleaped that word out. lol Could cover on the slashes.

As for Bell, well that is your problem right there. Not just because I work at Cogeco, but cable really is the way to go. If you are using Bell Sympatico too, sorry bud. Their internet really s/u/c/k/s too. lol Any interenet service that requires softward other than IE or Firefox is a pain in the ass.

Ya, that is funny that they don't block ass. So we can say Argus are ass instead then. ;o)

What a great game to be at though. We played a pretty well rounded game.

What happened is Brock Ralph took a deliberate shot at one of the linemans knees.It couldnt be anymore deliberate.
Gass kicked him in the head for doing that.
(two wrongs dont make a right) I cant understand why Ralph tried to take someones knees out...

Very odd... I can say sucks, but I can't say ***. :wink:

In all seriousness, Gass' kick was uncalled for. He needs a fine and game suspension. What a goon.

Some of those who watched on TV said that the Edmonton O-lineman had taken a cheap shot at Maas while he was taking the knee on the previous play. So Ralph made sure he couldn't get through the second time -- rather too vigorously. And Gass saw Ralph's actions, and came in in defense of his team-mate. So Ralph and Gass are getting all sorts of ++++ , while the lineman who started it all is ignored. Both Ralph and Gass deserve whatever punishments they get, but the lineman deserves it as well.

Edmonton was trying to rush our QB into taking the knee so that they might get one last ditch punt return and hail mary. So if they are going to rush our QB then we should block for him. All Brock Ralph did was cut block Braidwood, and I see nothing wrong with that seeing as the Eskies weren't just going to let Maas run out the clock. Gass kicking him in the head on the other hand was dirty and he should be suspended, how does this guy always avoid suspensions?

GAAS IS A GOON, IF THE LEAGUE DOES NOT RESPOND TO THIS I WILL VERY DIsAPOINTED. ABOUT A MONTH BACK REMEMBER A GUY HIT TORONTO'S BACK UP QB AND LEAD WITH HIS HEAD AND GOT A GAME SUSPENSIUON FOR IT. Opps sorry about the caps but actually am angry about it.

Gass is a dirty player and should get some kind of fine.Remember Gass spearing Morrealle in the back a couple of years ago,no penalty,helmut to Mcmanus's chin,again no penalty and then sitting on the bench laughing about to the tv cameras.Something has to be done about him. :rockin: :rockin: