What does Printers bring to the table...seriously?

maybe if the ticats spent their CIS draft picks on linemen this team wouldn’t be suffering, wasting a draft pick on some injury prone safety in 2008(barker), a 5-10’’ possession receiver who didnt even dominate CIS football and is overrated because of some fluke combine stats (giguerre), and a wasted draft pick last season on a poor man’s brock ralph that cant even get open and if softer than butter (bauman). The Next draft needs to have all 7 rounds used up on offensive and defensive linemen, and if any aren’t available trade the picks for some established ones.

As I said weeks ago....and again, nothing has changed.....our quarterbacks should practise throwing all week on their asses because that is where they spend most of the game....if they can make the catch on the horrendous snaps form Hage....his grace period is now over as far as I'm concerned.

...and not once has Printers blamed anyone else for this debacle.

absolute bang on post. Blame him for throwing the ball into the turf. Blame him for throwing picks. but DONT blame printers and his salary for causing this team to be as bad as it is.

Printers is a terrible QB...stop blaming the O-Line..watch any other CFL game and or NFL game and count the steamboats...he's had plenty of time...stop pretending that a QB has all day to make a pass...

I’m not going to defend Casey for mistakes that he legitimately makes, and he does make mistakes. All players do because they’re not omnipotent.

But I will not put the blame for the team’s dismal performance on him. Stop expecting him to put up the numbers he did in BC. It’s not the same team. As far as those who say that the players in BC “made him look good”, that’s a bit extreme. Did they have something to do with it? Sure they did. Could you have plugged anyone into their system and have them do what he did? Not a chance. No player can excel without the support of their team mates. No one. Not that the team never gives him support. Sometimes they make plays: like Scott Mitchell making a big time catch over the middle today. And sometimes Casey will throw a bad pass or hold the ball too long, but I really can’t say that he is playing horribly. I think he’s playing with the opportunities that he has and he does make plays. Unfortunately there are so many weaknesses and he can only control so much.

So go ahead and cut him - let him sign with Toronto or Saskatchewan or Winnipeg and you will be making posts like “Why couldn’t Casey do THAT when he played for us?”.

This was the worst game they played all year. It showed that there are so many holes in the team right now and they are back to the drawing board. I’m not going to point fingers because I don’t know for sure. I know what can be seen on tv. However, to say that Casey lost this game for us is an extremely lopsided view.

I hate to say it but it’s a rebuilding year. I think the team took some gambles in the offseason and they didn’t pay off. There are some good acquisitions but they’ve got a long way to go as a team.

NOT A BENGAL 06...great post..but I am going to disagree...the Cats went into the locker room this afternoon behind in points because of Casey...no one else

No he can not pull the team out of oblivion. If you're looking for that guy, keep searching. He doesn't exist and that's what this controversy is all about. People wanted to believe, me included, that he would be able to do it. It was unrealistic. Given the right tools yes he will be part of the puzzle.

By the way, Danny Mac didn't pull this team from worst to first on his own. He was one big piece. We acquired Danny, Darren Flutie and Ron Williams that year, along with one of the hottest head coaches at the time. We had an amazing D coordinator. God bless Sudsy. The rest of the unit was in place. We may have acquired a couple key defensive players as well, I don't remember. But that team was a beast - a well oiled machine. Nobody did that single handedly. To expect Casey to be able to do that is asking too much.

"maybe if the ticats spent their CIS draft picks on linemen this team wouldn't be suffering, wasting a draft pick on some injury prone safety in 2008(barker), a 5-10'' possession receiver who didnt even dominate CIS football and is overrated because of some fluke combine stats (giguerre), and a wasted draft pick last season on a poor man's brock ralph that cant even get open and if softer than butter (bauman). The Next draft needs to have all 7 rounds used up on offensive and defensive linemen, and if any aren't available trade the picks for some established ones."
Great Post!

Exactly what I'm afraid of. We cut him, Anthony Calviho retires (for example), Montreal picks him up. Then he comes back and destroys us game after game.

not a chance. they were down because they didnt dress a o line today

..oh my mistake..it was the O Line that threw the interception and fumbled the ball.

A very difficult game to watch fore sure. Casey printers is not the only problem this team has. No pass rush - NO SCREEN - DUMP PASS - horrible tackling - there are numerous issue that need to be addressed immediately. The roster can be inflated starting tomorrow - look forward to parachute drop off of potential team saviovrs.

What do you think causes the pick and the fumble. He's RUSHED every time. Richie had the same results.. rushed..sacked, etc.

Its absolutely INSANE to blame any part of this game on any of the QB's who played.

I think this is like the 3rd game theyve given up 7 sacks or more? That is absolutely rediculous.

Can someone please help?

Is there an "ignore" option? If so, I'd certainly like to add 76er to my list.

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help me out.

THE PICK?...HE THREW THE BALL RIGHT AT THE BC PLAYER...THE FUMBLE?.. PRINTERS WAS RUNNING UP FIELD AND FORGOT TO PROTECT THE BALL.

AMG..I'LL SEND YOU SOME KLEENEX

Completely agree :thup:

Another vote for the O line. They are brutal...

I agree the pick was a bad throw. I'm not defending that and I'm not saying Printers is a flawless QB. Mistakes happen....and they especially happen more often when you are under fire like he was the whole game.

However....RUNNING UP FIELD!?!? He fumbled about 10 yards in the backfield after our O-line was pushed back off the snap.

I'm not going to argue with you any further. You're entitled to your opinion, but my opinion is that you have no clue what you're talking about.

AMG..you and I probably won't agree on this or much else...but I can respect you opnion...Cheers!