What does Printers bring to the table...seriously?

Is this guy going to get better? What is he waiting for? What are we waiting for? So much optimism when we acquired him and he hasn't really lived up to expectation in one of his starts. He's got nearly the same record as our backup this year. So you got to let me know...should he stay or should he go?

What do you suggest? Its clear to see the QB is not the reason this team is as bad as it is. So we ditch printers...and ritchie can come in and get sacked and fumble bad snaps, and have receivers drop his passes.

But we all saw in BC what he COULD bring to the table. But he cant do it himself.

Dude, Joe Montana couldn’t do anything with this offensive line.

We get rid of him and I guarantee you he’s a superstar on another team.

Finally a TiCats fan that is realistic.

There is no joy in Mudville: the Mighty Casey has struck out...

What's realistic is that our offensive line is awful.

agreed, they are awful

I agree the O line is your major problem.

Like the guys said, maybe Printers was so great in BC because he had all star receivers to throw too. Maybe he is just average after all and the guys catching the ball made him look good?

There's a table?? 5-23.

An O-line that's a passing game sieve. Wideouts who are invisible basketball rebounder rejects who can't run routes well enough to get separation. A running back stud that gets TWO TOUCHES IN THE FIRST HALF.

Doug Flutie couldn't win with this.

Joe Montana couldn't win with this.

Hanna Montana couldn't win with this.

Okay? :wink:

Oski Wee Wee,

Or, maybe he actually had 2 seconds to throw the ball in BC? Just a thought.

We should draft a canadian o-lineman with our inevitable first overall pick next year.

[/quote]

Oski Wee Wee,
[/quote]
Yes, but the coaches could win with this crew . . . . . just ask anyone on this board.

Printers has crippled this team with his salary since arriving. There are problems everywhere because he makes the salary of about seven players. That could fill a lot of holes now.

But hey, that is what happens when a fox watches the henhouse . . . . I mean, an agent determines salaries. This is a gargantuan bust. . . . as is Scott Mitchell's playoff guarantee.

We have not had a great O line since the D Mac days Haack, Coulter Etc :roll: PRINTERS AIN'T THE DAMN PROBLEM PEOPLE!

Oski Wee Wee,
[/quote]
Yes, but the coaches could win with this crew . . . . . just ask anyone on this board.

Printers has crippled this team with his salary since arriving. There are problems everywhere because he makes the salary of about seven players. That could fill a lot of holes now.

But hey, that is what happens when a fox watches the henhouse . . . . I mean, an agent determines salaries. This is a gargantuan bust. . . . as is Scott Mitchell's playoff guarantee.
[/quote]

How do we know that Printers' salary has crippled the team? That is an assumption.

Montreal, Toronto, and perhaps two to three other teams were in the hunt for Casey in the $400K+ range when he became available. The SMS threshhold for most of his suitors could accomodate the chase for him --even at further cap penalty in the case of Montreal.

Edmonton spends 450K on Ray and they are on the rebound. 'Nuff said.

But if you want more...Joseph gets over 300K, Burris the same -- Calvillo is in that convo as well. Glenn? He re-negotiated in the ballpark too.

It's at most a $150-200K differential at the starting QB position compared to half the league. That's 3.5-4.7 percent of the total cap. Okay?? It is not a NFL spend-to-the-moon scenario!

Teams must identify their priorities. Paying the piper to get a star QB is not a sin.

Given what CFL linemen get paid on the average, there is still money in the kitty as far as I can see. The personnel direction of this team is going young BY DESIGN.

The 2006 and 2007 free agent pools were shallow because of the November 2006 mass re-signing across the league to get rosters configured to the cap. There simply haven't been the big fishes in numbers necessary to turn teams around right away a la Cats in 1998. THIS PREDATES PRINTERS' ARRIVAL.

Using Casey as a fall guy for the decisions made on this roster is a red herring.

Oski Wee Wee,

Russ, sitting there tonight listening to all the neanderthals call for Casey's head was absolutely amazing. Then Williams. Then Porter. You'd think if monkeys could get it, so could these boobs?

Cheers.

Casey to start. Period.

Talent.

But, when you run for life on every play, sometimes your true abilities can't be properly judged.

Until you have good defensive lines and good offensive lines, it is impossible to judge the talent at any other position.

Next caller Ted.

It's all about play-calling....to counter what is being done to you.
The disgusting display of football, that we have had to sit through ( again ). Has very little, if anything...to do with the players.
It is not Printers fault...Lumsden's fault...Zeke's fault or anyone else's fault, but the coaching staff...plain and simple.
You have to feel sorry for the players...being directed by these guys.
And they said that Greg Mashall was way in over his head ? Then what's up with this coaching staff ?

My original question was...what does Printers bring to the table? I didn't say he was horrible, I didn't say he shouldn't start, I didn't say he was responsible for global warming. But at the end of the day at the end of the year does he bring the intangibles the Cats payed so much for? In the CFL you are only as good as your last performance. Even though Printers has been a proven winning QB it doesn't prove that he can bring a team out of oblivion. That would take an icon and it has been done before (although our last hero was run out of town, thank goodness he came back). Of course he would do better on a better team who wouldn't? That is far from the point.

He is the highest paid player in the league and the franchise player. He is expected to rise above what is provided for him on this sub-par team. The O-line is crap right? But we seem to be able to rush at times. The receivers are sub-par too, right?...Williams seems to have been as productive with the same tools. What is he bringing to the table that shows us that we need him? I want to need him, really I do. But will another year bring anything different? I don't know. In Casey we trust? I don't know about that either. When his much cheaper backup provides a similar result.

Is he the answer we've been searching for all of these years? Because whether you like it or not the buck stops with the starting QB and the highest paid player in the league. When the backup (who is much cheaper) has a better passer rating than the starter with the same patchy offense you have to question the need to have a really expensive average QB. He is simply average when playing for a real bad team. Are we going to wait for the team to get better so he can play better?

Do you believe he's going to lead us to the Grey Cup next year? If not...move on. This league has a one year turn around. Just ask the 1997 Ticats or this year's Eskies.

For the record I really hope he does bring winning to the table...I just haven't seen it yet. Forgive me then for the inane question.

In B.C., Printers was a roll-out QB who made things happen with his feet and on the fly with a group of talented receivers who adjusted to the play and an o-line that could move to provide an extra 1/2 second of protection.

Here he has inexperienced receivers, an O-line that lacks mobility and - sadly it seems - talent, and he's shoehorned into a system that asks him to be a drop-back passer with no protection and no relief schemes.

Add to this a series of injuries and you get what you see.

I have never been a Printers fan but that was because of his ego in the BC days. I don't know if he has matured. I do know that we haven't been able to see his skills in operation- if they are still there.