What do you think is wrong with TSN and could be changed?

TELL US WHAT PENALTIES ARE BEING CALLED! Replays would be nice too.

4 Likes

I noticed a big delay on my TSN feed tonight

The game thread would have a post of what happened before I'd even see the snap.

Timed it... post up, 25 second delay to the snap. So at least a 30 second lag.

TSN4.
TSN1 was 5 secs further behind than that.

Glen was an excellent holder!
- Raymond Babbitt, Rain Man

Dunigan was entertaining tonight in a certain homestyle way .....

he was lost for words a few times but there is lot's of authentic feelings , Howie Meeker Louisiana style but not as articulate as a hockey school moment plus a few hiccups that happen that you kind of go with like a eww and awe on the air ....... and just let slide .

Over all Rod and Matt were good in the booth tonight considering the game .

3 Likes

Much prefer Dunigan in the booth to Duane "Cure for Insomnia" Forde. Dunigan has postconcussion syndrome but still manages to say something relevant on replays. He doesn't sit there and let silence become its own commentary like we're watching Waiting for Godot.

4 Likes

Good one. Dunnigan is one of the only things I wouldnā€™t change. Their highlight package after some of these games are lacking. If youā€™re in a bar, and thereā€™s no volume on the tv, itā€™s hard to tell who won the bloody game until they post the score. Brutal.

5 Likes

I think they call that the Don Cherry rule. :rofl:

1 Like

I canā€™t stand Dunnigan. His shouting gives me a headache unless I turn the volume way down.

Heā€™s funny. And unbiased.

2 Likes

Just my two cents worth but I think that Bubbles needs to give John "Conky" Lu a much needed haircut . Also to whom it may concern...please take the key to the TSN liquor cabinet in the booth away from one Matt Dunigan and also increase the voltage in the cattle prod attached to Rod Smith because it clearly isn't working .

2 Likes

I think Matty 's accent is so thick with high impact expressions and talks like he is beside you in the stands instead of in the booth talking down to you or trying to analyze the play he comes off as not polished enough .

Matty does give an honest effort and honest analysis when he takes his time to express it .

His push for Canadian QBā€™s and junior football on air gives him one up on Suitor who is Canadian but some games you wonder .

Once you come to accept his foibles with that earthy down south drawl you find he knows the QB part of the game better than Suitor and Ford .

I like he is honest and sees the game like a regular FAN too .

I was impressed with the ref and his ability to call the game in French ā€¦

Matty recognizing that in the game coincided with what I was thinking ā€¦

being on that same page with the TV announcers while watching the game makes the game personable . if that makes sense ā€¦ I dunno .

3 Likes

Heā€™s one of the most pro-Calgary fan boys Iā€™ve ever heard or he was a few years ago, anyway.

True, but I donā€™t see that anymore....but by halftime Iā€™ve usually had a few, so what the hell do I know.

Having a southern accent should have zero bearing on whether you get to do color commentary. Dunigan is qualified for the job, entertaining, and relatively unbiased. Keep him in the booth.

6 Likes

I donā€™t like Ford calling games. There needs to be constant excitement in the booth, especially when the crowd is dull.

I like Dunnigan. And really the rest of the panel I like tooā€¦ having Naylor on is great, you can tell he has a passion for football of any kind.

5 Likes

To a point. Artificial excitement can be painful. But Forde could up it a notch or two on the dial to be sure.

1 Like

About his southern accent when he calls PI (pass interference) and his stupid ā€œsling nastyā€ quote. Other than that, I do find him he is better doing the colour commentary than in the booth arguing and being stupid with the other panel members.

1 Like

One announcing team with a Mean Gene Okerlund and Randy ā€œMacho Manā€ Savage streak at times would be great too.

Gord Miller and Matt Dunigan once had that dynamic.

1 Like

I doubt TSN gave him the job because he had a strong Southern accent .

They most likely liked that aspect as charming about him but they also

knew he had a good grasp on QB analysis .

It probably helped he did some coaching .

2 Likes

Maybe Iā€™m the only one who even notices this....at the bottom of the screen on the right side when thereā€™s a change in downs, they (TSN) swipe that bit using a yellow or red colour....the same kind of way they indicate when a flag is thrown. I always think thereā€™s a penalty. Iā€™m probably not explaining this very well.

3 Likes