What do you think is wrong with TSN and could be changed?

I used the "Smile Sara" song for my good-bye

1 Like

Dunnigan should switch to propane for a faster BBQ cooking time instead of charcoals which takes forever to get the right heat from the coals

3 Likes

He needs one of those heavy duty big TEXAS barrell grills too. If he is going to use charcoal, he should use Mesquite wood with a double smoker to fit his accent :wink:

4 Likes

Damn straight brother! Tell 'em!

3 Likes

It's going to get cooler, so I agree with Tex.

Fire up the grill in the pre-game Dunigan!

1 Like

Those are dangerous words. For real

2 Likes

Well it seems like they are doing a better job now, but what do you think?

You don't really think the dogs will let go of their bone do you? They'll gnaw it till there's nothing left.

2 Likes

Let's see... Rod Black is gone and the mid-game interviews have been curtailed... I'm good. That was my wishlist.

If we want to get pie-in-the-sky, I guess I could wish for TSN to buy the Argos outright and promote the hell out of them, and thus promote the rest of the league as well. But I think that would be a tough sell to the corporate board and shareholders.

But pretty much, I'm good. For all the whining out there, TSN shows every game, and the coverage is miles ahead of what it used to be.

4 Likes

I've always been ok with the personnel & coverage but they do need to address the technical issues plaguing the last couple of games. The 'green screen of death' is popping up too much, missed EEs first TD yesterday. And the virtual ad/ scrimmage/first down lines still suck.

2 Likes

TSN is the Cfl's National broadcaster, yet on the triple header saturday;
Game 1: 1 of 5 Tsn channels
Game 2: 1 of 5 Tsn channels
Game 3: 2 of 5 Tsn channels

All but TSN 2 are regionally based.
Not sure how much this affects rating numbers, but it doesnt look good.

1 Like

I get all 5 TSNs. Never really understood why they would need to show the same thing on 4 channels simultaneously.

4 Likes

It is very much part of it . I keep telling. people here you cannot get games for your home team on the regional channel they give you .

You need the full TSN package .

I don't even know too many people who have the full TSN package on cable around here unless they are huge CFL fans .

What is there in it for them .

No NHL the king ....

no leafs regional around here because it's blacked out .

Most guys and gals have the one regional on the basic package they don't want any more sports .

Others dont even have cable .

For those still using cable the CFL is regulated to just another niche sports .

The NFL is Bells first love today and priority ..

Rogers love is the Jays and it shows the have the JAYS on all their regionals .

2 Likes

I thought TSN would fix this by now, but don't they have someone in IT who knows where to put the blue line of scrimmage and yellow first down markers on the TV screen? It'll be 2nd and 5 and the markers are spread out 10 yards and visa versa. Seems like it would be an easy fix?

3 Likes

You would think so, but they seem intent on finding new & constructive ways to mess things up. Then they just pile them on top of the old & worn ways to screw things up.

3 Likes

At times it seems like TSN is using high school interns to run the game day broadcast.

3 Likes

That must be a new one the last couple years. I haven't had time to watch since the 2019 season and only remember seeing that occasionally and it being corrected rapidly. Is it possible they're having the same issues finding skilled people to work that every other business and industry is right now?

Not sure the reason, but it has been a problem the past 2 seasons

1 Like

"Shaping the ambition of the youth and the future of sports coverage in Canada one high school at a time ..."? :thinking: - plus it counts for credit for their film class and they get some free TSN swag.

It is told that Rod Black has been known to drop by occasionally after his morning coffee and walk to deliver a guest lecture to these young, wide-eyed kids.

2 Likes