What do you got to say now?

Maas fans? What do you say now? Did you all get your heads out of your butts today and realize that this guy cannot be a starting quarterback?

Jason Maas? What do you say now? How about you sit yourself out of the next game and let someone that has an arm to throw with play the game? P.S. YOU STINK!

GM Marcel Desjardins? What do you say now? Do you really want to see how this season will play out if you continue to keep Maas in the game? After one game of seeing how he can play your mind should already be set that this guy is finished!

Mr. Ron Lancaster? What about you? Are you more concernced about not looking bad by sitting the "STAR" QB more than trying to win a football game? Give me a break and put this guy on the shelf for crying out loud!

and finally Mr. Bob Young? What do you have to say now? No more side stepping the situation anymore...are you finished with the Jason Maas experiment? When will it be time for you to step in and tell these guys to sit his A$$ on the damn bench?

Talking about the game now...once again with the interceptions...yes I know they didn't really cost us the game today because Allen did not have a strong game himself but come on...we are not going to run into a football team that plays almost as bad as us every week...Maas just plain and simple cannont throw the ball deep...I've said it time and time again, he has no strength, look at that UNDERTHROWN ball to Flick...if Maas leads flick then he is gone for a TD but NOO! not with our QB! and the last play of the game...Maas throws a Hail Mary with all his power and it went maybe 40 yards....and was out of bounds...PLEASE tell me how someone is supposed to catch a ball thats thrown out of bounds? rediculus! the guy is finished end of story... :thdn:

Lets hear your imput people!

I agree with you touchdown, I love hearing all the BS about how Maas is playing hurt crap. Even if you get sucked into believing that BS is the cause of his poor performance then why do we keep starting him?? I mean if he is really hurt ( BS by the way) then he's only hurting the team since he can't preform as the pivot. Sit him until he's healthy, lets get a good look at our backups. Our seasons over lads, it's time to evaluate are whole team for the rebuild. :roll:

Uncle!

The throw was a lot longer than 40 yars. It was half way across the field and downfield as well. The coaches and receivers must know how far Maas can throw and should work that into the offense. What good are wide open receivers 50 yards downfield and out of range of the QB.

And yet the coach let him play the whole game.

Is it because we have no one else compareable or are we giving the guy a lot of rope.

I think he's given him the whole spool ( 500ft) !!! :lol:

it sure was not a lot longer than 40 yards...Flick was at the 30 when the ball finally got to him and we were maybe on our own 25 or 30...thats only about 50- 55 yards...QB's in the CFL are expected to throw longer than that! Look at Williams in Winnipeg, he was on our own 45 and threw all the way to the goal line where peterson dropped it cause it hit his hands...thats over 60 yards...and Williams didn't even look like he used all of his power...what was the winning toss in the Damon Allen QB show down? wasn't it like 70 yards or something...when you have a QB like Maas who can only throw a maximum 50 yards and is a lob pass, and expect a reciever to catch it when the Defensive line has enough time to get back and knock it down, then you got some explaining to do...

Uncle .....too.

Flashes of great play though,not enough.

fyi: kerry joseph threw for 81 yards in the qb challenge. he threw one longer, about 86 yards, but it went out of bounds (there was a narrow corridor in which the quarterbacks could throw) and did not count.

in pro football, a quarterback has to be able to thow it deep, and that's more than 50 to 55 yards down field. i don't know exactly how far "deep" is, but it is considerably deeper than jason maas can throw.

two things about the long pass: 1) you have to be able to "show" it. you might not complete it but you have to be able to show than you can throw it if you have to.
2) you gotta be able to complete, 70+ yards down the field. that's what starting quarterbacks who make $400,000 in the cfl have to be able to do.

and our starting qb can't do that, which considerably changes how defences play, and what offences can do. that's sad but that's the truth.

thanks Ticatguy...defenserules did you happen to get that? a maximum of 50 will not win you football games!

two things about the long pass: 1) you have to be able to "show" it. you might not complete it but you have to be able to show than you can throw it if you have to. 2) you gotta be able to complete, 70+ yards down the field. that's what starting quarterbacks who make $400,000 in the cfl have to be able to do.

and our starting qb can't do that, which considerably changes how defences play, and what offences can do. that's sad but that's the truth

bingo! the secret is out, every team in the CFL knows Maas can't throw deep so they rarely ever cover deep...might just have one safety hanging back on second and long in the 4th quarter when we are losing, other than that they know that if we are 2nd an long in the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd, quarters, we are just going to throw short so the defense keys on the short game and thats how every team beats us, we have no passing attack so defenses don't have to worry about it!