What do people think of charles rogers in canada?

Guys:

New board member from Detroit, I love the CFL.  I tell people and fans to be weary about him. Coming out of college, he had great size, speed and fair hands. I read a scouting report that injuries have taken away some speed. He is basically trying the CFL because no NFL teams will touch him.

Perhaps he can succed in the CFL.  However his work habits were not great, and he did have a drug history.  Would he make a big salary?  Another part of the problem is his agent is not the brightest. I read where he was quoted as saying three teams are negotiating for  his services. Dumbell, I read the Alouettes have his negotiating rights. Unless they trade those rights, Rogers can only negotiate with that team.  How could his agent not know this?  Am I right?

I remember a quote from the movie "A Bronx Tail" where Robert DeNiro said "The saddest thing in life is wasted talent" That says it all.

Tom in Detroit

I'm all for a guy getting a second chance, so if he can come up and win a spot on a roster, good for him.
As for the Als having his rights, it isn't impossible his agent doesn't understand the neg list rule.
After all, by NFL rules he is a free agent.
It would be tampering for his agent to talk with any team but Montreal--unless Montreal gave permission to do so.
But in reality, if an agent calls up a GM and they discuss the weather for 5 minutes, and Chucks name just happens to come up....?
As long as he never mentions these 3 teams by name, it's a case of no harm, no foul.

You are from Detroit? Sweet. I love Brian Calhoun. Hope he gets a chance to play this year!

I may be ignorant but I don't think that I have ever heard of Charles Rogers. The not making any NFL teams and having had a drug problem cetainly does not help his chances coming into the CFL. IMO.

He was the #2 overall pick in the 2004 draft I think it was. Injuries and drug problems (weed I believe) halted his career.

2003 draft.

Ok, the 2003 draft. lol

I don't think you are going to see Charles Rogers in the CFL. His agent floated a balloon to see if he could get the phone to ring...

The most the Als would offer him his a two+one year entry level contract around 55k and a spot on the practice roster then monitor his progression on a monthly basis.

This would make sure the Als don't lose him after a year. I don't think Rogers is willing to put in the effort required to learn a different game, put in 8 to 10 hour days for a year for 55k.

Its really too bad cause he started his rookie season in great fashion. All the talent in the world won't do you any good if you aren't prepared to outwork your competition.