DAVIS, Adrian
DL
6'3"
Marshall

WRIGHT, Joel
DB
5'11''
Wilfred Laurier

So what have people heard about these guys?

1 guy at Go Al's Go website posted a couple of info:

http://www.goalsgo.com/blabla/viewtopic.php?t=964

My guess is looking at past draft history that probably only one player in the draft will have any kind of impact in the future of the AL's. Looking at the draft its pretty pathetic when teams draft players that are only on a college teams practice squad. If i were a gm in probably keep my top 2 picks and trade the rest for proven CFL'ers or package them for higher picks in years to come.

I'm a little puzzled at picking a Canadian WR first....like with Girard, Cahoon, and Stala we really need another? Or are they just looking to replace O'Neill Wilson on the bench?

Don't know anything about Boulay, is there any chance he can play corner? That's where we need help, now with Curry gone.

IIRC Cahoon & Girard contract are up at the end of 2006....Cahoon will probably retire...

As for Stala, is option Year is 2007....Giving a chance to a "local" kid can be great for PR, and if he does as well as Proulx did in his 1st year...

He will become a future star !

Hope you're right!

But damn, it will be a sad, sad day in the CFL when Cahoon, the man with the hands of velcro, retires.

Le #2 au draft est prêt! Il a de meilleur qualité athlétique que Proulx et frappe plus fort. Il veut un poste de partant...rien de moins! Popp a même parlé de faire de lui un secondeur extérieur. Ce n'est pas seulement un ''marketing product'', il est là pour vrai!

Well, rookie training camp starts on the 18th, let's hope he makes it !

Generally, GMs will draft the best available player regardless of the team's current needs, especially given that by the time the draft pick is ready to play for the team, its needs will probably have changed considerably.

And loading up on good Canadian receiving talent is never a bad move because it allows you to start imports at other positions.