What are the Opening Night thoughts of players and fans.

I was sitting here trying to imagine the pressure the vets are feeling when they step on the field for the first time this year.

I have to believe the are determined to come out flying not only for themselves and the fans.

Then there's the fans, hopeful for a turn around. A better team appears to be in the process of being built and all the units are coming together.

I'm not sure if we're going to see a sell out next Thursday. It won't be until we begin winning that seats will be full again.

The thing I do know is that the fans that will be there will make enough noise for themselves and those who aren't.

We're ready to see winners and I'm sure the boys on the field are ready to become one's!

Good Luck Ticats, this thursday, next Thursday and the rest of the season on the way to the Cup!
Jare

For the Home opener, I hope the players have the following thoughts:

1. I am proud and deserve to be a Ti-Cat
  2. I will play to the best of my ability…I WANT TO WIN
  3. I WILL NOT take selfish/insert additional adjective here if need be penalties but will work within the “system?
  4. I will be accountable to my team mates for my play and conduct
  5. Hamilton has the BEST fans

From a fan’s perspective, this is what I want:

1. I want a team that plays hard for 60 minutes…I want a WIN
  2. I don’t want to see selfish/stupid penalties that will either end or stall a drive
  3. I want to see a team that shows cohesiveness and works as one unit (depending on the situation)
  4. I don’t want to see indecision on the part of the coaches
  5. I want a WIN

Well expressed!

Oski Wee Wee,

I expect the Argos will lay a royal beating on the Tabbies...of course I can always resort to "its only preseason" if they don't. :slight_smile:

Some of the Vets playing tomorrow for the first time this pre-season really shines a light on the fact pre-season is too short.
Should be three games at least.
My thoughts on opening night are ,can we make third in the East this year?
If so I believe we have to beat out Montreal ,so lets start the year off right with a win,I repeat this wisdom every year (win first game...!),but really I wonder if we can finish third this year .

I don't know about the rest of all these wishes......all I know is that I hope Jare is as good on the grill as he always is........yum, yum!

Cheers buddy! 8)

winched wrote: For the Home opener, I hope the players have the following thoughts:
  1. I am proud and deserve to be a Ti-Cat
  2. I will play to the best of my ability...I WANT TO WIN
  3. I WILL NOT take selfish/insert additional adjective here if need be penalties but will work within the “system?
  4. I will be accountable to my team mates for my play and conduct
  5. Hamilton has the BEST fans

From a fan’s perspective, this is what I want:

1. I want a team that plays hard for 60 minutes..I want a WIN
  2. I don’t want to see selfish/stupid penalties that will either end or stall a drive
  3. I want to see a team that shows cohesiveness and works as one unit (depending on the situation)
  4. I don’t want to see indecision on the part of the coaches
  5. I want a WIN
Well expressed!

Oski Wee Wee,

I second that.... Very nice.

I would love the Cats to get back to playing hard nosed steeltown football. You know like back in the days when we had a scary defense. Such as when Montford, Cheatwood,Gerald Vaughn, Calvin Tiggle,Rob Hitchcock in their prime!!!
Just get back to some tradition of a hard working never say die team!!
With our great fans behind them. I see an amazing year ahead of us!!! Let`s kick some butt!!!

Double Blue wrote,

I expect the Argos will lay a royal beating on the Tabbies...of course I can always resort to "its only preseason" if they don't.

Probably my biggest wish would be to see the Blue team get destroyed at the labour day game :smiley:

"One" of my opening night thoughts .....
I hope we beat the Argos in the playoffs when it really counts.....!