What are the main concerns of the CFL during the off season

Every Grey Cup I have watched since Brian Williams has anchored…he has had negative things to say about the League…drives me nuts…but what are the things the league has to look at. I would say expansion…but its not really something in their power…the level of officials professionalism…salary cap…more revenue…God help me the Action Point…just thought I would throw that in to s(rews with your heads…

It's hard to pick when half of those things need to be done. :stuck_out_tongue: But the ones they should be looking at most would be bringing in Instant Replay, as we have seen many times this year that we need it. Better officiating, this is self-explanatory as everyone knows the CFL has the worst referees in professional sports. And of course the Salary Cap, which they have already made some progress in. Also they have to look at the expansion, which I expect will be coming soon.

In order of importance IMO:

1. instant replay
  2. better refing
  3. salary cap

well probably instant replay if the most important............would make the league look alot more professional......and solve a few problem with one shot I guess

hey, how about making better reffing the #1 priority so we won't need instant replay?

Good point Esquimaux

Guess which one I picked!

1. the Cap
  2. better refs
  3. all games on TV
  4. Expansion

the IR and new rules can wait. more tests need to be done frist.

I voted for cheerleaders....By the way isn't time to revive that post just to warm up the Winter?

I as well voted for the cheerleaders as there was no clear choice among the other options.

They're all important, and all will add to the quality of the game..... but what would add even more to the quality of the game would be MORE CHEERLEADERS!!! :wink:

Well, that and better officiating. Either or.

Televise, Televise. Hey here is my worry I'am not getting enough CFL in the States. I have called and emailed complaining to these guys. They said on there tv lineup they were going to be showing a game, and boom, I' am stuck in my living room drinking beer and listening to the game.

I say webcast of the game. They do it in the ahl.

KK instant replay can wait. what was meant though was that if there were better refs we wouldn't need instant replay.

I thing eventuraly the CFL will use IR, but it will not be next season, same for the new rules (mine and others) with the exception of a penitly on punts which will see very soon.

I think Madmaxx meant to say this choice "Kanga's Action Point" as in chaging the rules of the league a bit, not just my AP idea but the Punt penanilty , chagning the single and no yards (I'm not in favor of those, BTW), chage geting the field, pi TDs (nor this, sorry steve o), etc.

Let's try some new rules in the preseason, and if they work, chage them later in 2008 or whenever.

and I think that he wanted to add an "Expansion" opition but it got scrumed up.

I say leave things the way they are.
No changes.
No replay-slows down the game.
No salary cap-If you can't afford players to bad!!!
The only thing I would change.It would have to be to add a new team,and then srap the crossover!!!!!

1.Salary Cap The league has parity now and it must stay that way. All teams should be given the equal amount of budget to try and succeed. It then comes down to which team is better run, not which team can afford who. It cannot turn into MLB where the Yankees can afford to spend 6 times more than other teams. That's just an unfair advantage.

2.Replays, I don't want to see a great game come down to a bad call (B.C.-Cal 2004). I realize it slows down the game but think it would be great for the integrity of the game.

3.Better reffing. Refs need more training.

Salary cap wouldn't work on a plain cap.
Example riders cap= $2,000,000
example argo cap =$2,000,000
The cost of living is way different.
So how would this work.
Would it be a percentage.I don't know!!!!

well I'm leaning towards............to darn bad............a lot of players don't want to play in the smaller centers so that would off set.....that disasdvantage

SASKAGO!!! WTH!!!

YOU NEED A CAP OR ELSE WELL HAVE ANOTHER 1981 WITH THE RIDERS MAKING IT TO THE GC WITH A 5 AND 13 RECORD!!! AND TEAMS WOULD BARLY SURVIVNE!!!

AND WHAT'S THIS CO SUCKS STUFF FORM YOU???

CHAGES ARE NEEDED!!!! AND IR WITH TIMES HAVE HELP SPEED UP HE LONG TIMES, SO NO WORRYS!!!

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

That's a good point. Another way to look at it is who wants to come to Regina (no jokes about that, I think you've made them all) so the lower cost of living might be an equalization. I've lived in Ottawa and even with the higher cost of living I liked it better there because there was more to do and I'm sure football players feel the same.

It'd maybe work itself out. It'd kinda be like anyone else. If you want to live in the bigger centres with more to do, you have to make sacrifices. If you're going to get paid about the same no matter where you live, then you'd have to decide, do I want to keep more of my money, or do I want to have more choices when it comes to my entertainment.

I know they don't all make lots of money, but also, in a bigger centre there should be more potential to make money on endorsements, etc and also more opportunity for an off-season job if you choose to live there year-round.

And if this isn't enough to offset the disparity, maybe a slight adjustment to the cap for cost of living, but I'm not sure how that formula would be calculated or applied.