What a Game!!!!!

I knew that they were going to win. I had to work but I listened and I was trying to answer phones and not yell into them. I knew we had a great team and we were going to take those argo's down.

Next week is going to be even better I can't wait.

Way to go Cats!!!!!!

was anyone here actually AT the game?

if so, did they have jerseys for sale at the rogers centre? ( my cousin wants to know )

D G I know that Borehamgirl was at the game tonight maybe she will pop on later I don't know.

iwas there and what a game.. Are RB's were steller, our receivers were great our D was solid and the only thing i was disappointed in was Boreham but i'm sure he'll improve.

Boreham was 3 for 4, and threw a terrific block on the fake.

What most people don't see is the bad exchanges right now from the centre to the holder......

All of these factors tighten up as we approach the season...the timing for everyone on the team is a bit off at first......and hey, we still handed the Argos a can of 'whoop-ass'... :lol:

i'm not as happy about winning as i would have been mad if we lost. so good job boys!

and congrats to the coaching staff for getting everyone out on the field.

Yes!Finally we have a a great problem to have!Too many great line backer!Two great quarterbacks and too many great running backs!Its good for the ticats right now!

i was there...can't remember when i was this excited about our depth...ranek looked awesome but perhaps not as good as holmes but davis was running for eight yards a carry...similiar depth appears to be there in other spots...lots of guys there wearing williams' dolphins jersey...i hate to be mean, but the long faces looked good on these nfl worshippers who assume a guy like williams will run wild...ditto for the folks i saw wearing brand new williams argo jerseys...i really wonder whether all this fuss, from the argo management itself as well as the media, over one player has distracted and even angered argo players, especially given all their talk over the years about heing a family...so far, it's the cats that look very much like a team, with some real depth...who do you cut? how do you utilize all the weapons we seem to have? i know it was just an exhibition game, and we should keep reminding ourselves of that, but it was very satisfying, after being on the wrong end of so many blowouts at that joint...let's sell out ivor wynne for an exhibition game. :thup: :thup:

Although it is only an exhibition game, this pre-season victory over the Argonauts provides a positive start to the 2006 Ticat football season. It is a great relief for the team to get win number one under its belt right away. Well done, Ticats!

It was a wicked game. Yeast made a snag in like quad coverage. Vaughn took one to the house after dancing, and Morreale made an outstanding catch in the endzone on a bad pass (but nice result) from Josten. It was made in 5man couverage! outstandidng. and the fake field goal run by fleming was just entertaining.

no it hasn't...i saw them clowning around together on tuesday, and i read they all went to yuk yuks together on wednesday nite, and williams even went on stage after john avery to show hes part of the team...his teammates seem to like him.

thanks, you are probably right...but you can like him and still resent management for the way it has handled things...if your employer fussed about the new guy in the office all the time, as if you were chopped liver, you might resent that employer, even if you like the new guy...but really, sitting in the stands, what do i know, except that tonight was a lot of fun, and it should be enough to convince someone on the argo-ticat fence, drummer boy, which way to fall

even though it was a preseaon game, booyea Grandma!!!

was anyone here actually AT the game?

if so, did they have jerseys for sale at the rogers centre? ( my cousin wants to know )

I was, if you mean Williams jerseys i did see some fans wearing some.

Boreham also missed ANOTHER chip shot (16 yards?) and was lucky to get another shot at it.

He needs to start making those chip shots, it could cost us later.

19 yards actually

maybe flemmnig can handle the short ones on the angles,

then get hammertoe to take the long ones and the the converts?

Wisely, Boreham has had half of his former job description taken away.
Now he needs help in the only thing he has left?
It's preseason, more of a glorified scrimmage than game so you cant draw too many conclusions but you cant overlook the obvious either barring a bad exchange pro kickers dont miss 19 yarders.
Good to see Mike make that highlight reel catch. From what I saw and heard the defense sounded hungry and that bodes well for Reed and Co.
I dont think the Cats have ever had so much talent in the backfield and so much beef on the O-line.
This team can play with anybody.

It's preseason, more of a glorified scrimmage than game so you cant draw too many conclusions but you cant overlook the obvious either barring a bad exchange pro kickers dont miss 19 yarders.
The exchange on that short miss was good, at least from my seats right infront of that kick. He also kicked the 11 yarder very low and it looked wide too! (Espo can perhaps verify how ugly that one looked lol).

Agree you cant draw conclusions but you can have the questions in your head.

He also kicked the 11 yarder very low and it looked wide too!
The snap on this one was in the dirt and barely got tee'd up for Jamie.....

We have big time problems in getting a clean snap and hold but that will get worked on...the film will show the deficiencies and I'll bet everything is a lot more fluid by next game...

But we can always look at it as practice for when things don't go as smoothly as is hoped...

:thup:

i assume you were at the game to see all of this?

"they're working on it"

This has an all-too-familiar ring to it.

Vast majority of the time K/P should be the only worry-free aspect going into the season.