Weston Dressler....

I love this guy.. All 5' 7" 180 pounds of him....

Rookie of the year &
Riders Molson Cup Most Popular Player .

Thankfully Guru ET and crew have come to realize WD is waaaaay to valuable as a receiving threat and will not subject WD to any more suicide missions on Special Teams.

Any thoughts of WD as starting wide in 2009

Best hands on the team
Gets behind all coverage
Proven deep threat at anytime....Stretches defenses.

Best hand eye coordination adjustment to in-flight balls I have ever seen, .....( basically you don't need Ricky Ray to drop a ball in his lap) .......I feel this is an extremely valid point, especially with a young QB at the helm. There's no better feeling than being able to air it out to a receiver who is a like a human Hoover vacuum.

With Clermont and Fantuz occupying the slots wideout seems to be the only option. I wonder about his height though. BTW, who is the shortest wideout to have a big career in the CFL?

I don't know...we'll run a lot of 5 receiver sets, so even as a 3rd slot he'd play a ton. It's not impossible he could play the boundary side wr position. In our offence, we're wasting him if we lined him up field side.

Now that MD is not a Rider (at least for now) Weston Dressler is the best wideout we have!

Well, except that he's a slotback.

Although, having said that, until we see what these new free agents bring, you might be right.....

There may have been smaller guys, but Don Narcisse at 5'9" did okay.....

There was some talk about Fantuz moving outside. Not sure how feasible that is.
I think in reality, we'll see lots of receiver combos that are really 3 slot, one wide-out this year, plus an added wide-out in the 5 receiver sets. This is a slot driven league anyway, so why not....

They sort of had a set like that last year where the end on the "non-wideout" side was a fullback who moved up or a slot that lined up in a TE-type spot, so the two outer slots on that side could still move pre-snap.

And we may well see more of that this year. Line Sarka up as a wideout and Dressler as the fullback...
Bellefuille had a set where they lined up an eligible o-lineman outside and then had a receiver follow his blocker....

Maybe it's just me, but I've got a powerful aversion to copying anything that comes from a Marcel Buellfeille offence.

:lol: :lol: ....you got that right Artie....How some people think this guy is a 'top talent' in the coaching ranks is beyond me....I'd say he has a long way to go...much like a few other novices in 09.... We'll see which ones rise to the top shortly.. :wink: