western division predictions for 2005

:mrgreen: Some of you guys are prety funny. :mrgreen:

1. Esks
  2. Lions
  3. Riders
  4. Stamps
  5. Bombers

i cant wait until the season starts to show people that just because the riders just signed their starters back thats not good enough. Last year with pretty much the exact same team we were as close as you can get to getting to the grey cup.

You are right last year they were 9 and 9 and this year I see them 6 and 12

whats with all the people putting bombers at the bottem
as a winnipeger i think bombers will do great this year but if we dont i think it will be glenns fault cuz hes not that good
BC-bot good quaterbacks
Edmonton-maas
Winnipeg-got some new quaterbacks and mcgrady
Calgary-improved
Sask-Greene and crandell both suck

Good day all. Rider fan here. My predictions for the west.

1. RIDERS!!!! I believe they have great depth, I think Green has a lot to prove and will suprise KK is bar none the most exciting running back in the league, and with a full year Dominguez (Sp?) will amaze, thier D-line will dominate and thier d-backs are solid, biggest weakness middle linebacker, and finally just because I'm a Riders fan.
  2. the Leos, weakness - offensivly I see thier o-line as thier achilies heel , Wally better sign Printers to a long term contract cause Dickens won't come close to lasting a full season with that o-line.
  3. Deadmonton - don't think tier D's that good, Riky Ray's a nice addition to their offence but I think the biggest boost to thier offence was the retirement of Pringle.
    • 5)Cowberry or Winterpeg either or. Cowberry- don't think smiling Hank is quite the super hero the cowtown boosters seem to think he is. Winterpeg, thou most foul enemy of the Riders - Don't know about Daley, but congrats on Wynn, I think he will end up being a great CFL QB.

how the fuck do you not get that? it doesnt matter what are record in the season was last year, we came within a 19 yard field goal of they grey cup. all you can say after a rider fan says something is tell them that the riders are going to have the same record this year as the stamps had last year.

OK that is fine with me!

This is how I see it going:

1. B.C.
  2. Edmonton
  3. Calgary
  4. Saskatchewan
  5. Winnipeg

I'm surprised none of you actually picked the Lions to win the division. They are still very powerful, and I believe the main threat to take the division. I originally had the Stamps in at #2, but since Ricky Ray resigned with Edmonton, I see the Eskies finishing ahead of Calgary in the West.

Why do you guys think Calgary will not be good next year? They've done more than just add Copeland and Burris you know. The O-line has been beefed up with Gauthier, which should allow RB Joffrey Reynolds to have a breakout season. Plus, the Stamps picked up the top DB in free agency, re-aquiring Anthony Malbrough from Ottawa. The already powerful D-line received more depth, with Dan Comiskey and Rahim Abdullah, both from Edmonton. Calgary should have the best defensive front seven in football now. And with that talented linebacking core, expect the move to a 3-4 defence there.

And if the unthinkable happens and Burris goes down(or struggles), backup Darnell Kennedy, re-aquired from the Renegades, is a defenite upgrade at the backup position. Kennedy has the potential to be a top QB in this league.

You Stamps haters(and doubters) have to keep in mind that Calgary already had a solid D last year, which has now been upgraded. The major issue, QB, has been addressed(and yes you're right, Burris is not Casey Printers, but if you don't think he was great last season, you're kidding yourself. You KNOW Henry's one of the better QB's in the CFL). Put the most explosive WR in the game on the outside, and now a strong O-line to give him time to get open.

Alot more has been done than just Burris and Copeland. Calgary should be playoff bound in '05. It's going to be an interesting year down at McMahon for sure.

I can't get over how amazing Calgary's front seven is going to be. Just listen to this tandem, and tel me you're not shitting yourself if you're on O:

DL: Randy Chevrier, Demetrious Maxie, Sheldon Napastuk, Garrett Smith, Antoine Young, Rahim Abdullah.

LB(just listing this foursome makes me excited): Brian Clarke, Scott Coe, John Grace, George White. Sick!!!

So picture this in a 3-4. You've got Clark, Coe, Grace and White always out there. Then with the D-line, the added depth of Chevrier and Abdullah now allows this line to remain constantly fresh, as guys like Napastuk, Smith and Young can all rotate. And even Maxie; perhaps the anchor of this line, can catch a quick breather. I see a LOT of sacks in this group's future.