Western at McMaster OUA Semi-Final Game Day Thread

Tough poop...

Remember...The city owns Ivor Wynne Stadium,NOT the Tiger-Cats...

The Tiger Cat's needed Mac...Mac didn't need the Tiger Cat's...

Go Mac!!!

Western is really providing some great opposition today. I have to give kudos to Greg Marshall for his coaching. He came up with a real solid game plan on both offense and defense. I can't help but think this is the next team to dominate the OUA...

The City of Hamilton accomadated Mac and gave them sweet deal, very little to rent IWS, Some Crowds were over 10,000 and all the revenue went to Mac.

And some people wonder why there is only 2000 at todays game !

A Western FG, makes it tighter...

25-21 Maroon over Purple...

Huge run by Quinlan keeps a drive alive...

A 42 yard FG from Crapigna restores the lead by seven, 28-21.

This kid is going to be in the CFL, no question about it. Great range, great accuracy (his lone miss this game and all season not withstanding...)

Fumble! Recovered by MAC!

Turnovers are killing Western today...

1st and 25 and Quinlan passes for a first down... :lol:

TD MAC! 35-21 Maroon over Purple with just over 5:00 to go in the game...

By my count, Mac leads in points off turnovers 23-7...

Another turnover for Mac as Western bobbles the kick-off... :o

TD Mac! I think we can declare this one to be over now.

42-21 McMaster over Western...

7th turnover for Mac…

Quinlan’s day is done, the back up, Marshall Ferguson is now in at QB…

Western refuses to go quietly in the night, and gets a late TD with 16 seconds left.

42-28 Mac.

Didn't look good in the first quarter...

But the better team won...Look out for Will Finch and the Purple Prissy Ponies next year,however...

Oh deffinately, Finch and Western looks to be heir apparent in the OUA after this year.

42-28 Final. Don't let the score fool you, it was a close game. A bunch of turnovers late that Mac capitalizes on is what put this out of reach. Apart from a 103 yard TD pass, it was no where close to being a classic Quinlan game. They will have to be better against Guelph if they want to capture their 6th Yates Cup.

BTW McMaster has also tied a CIAU record with 19 consecutive wins and a chance to break that record next week...

Anyone know what date and time of the Yates Cup ???

Busy

Should be next Saturday at 1:00 pm..

Yep I can confirm that.

Just found out the last time McMaster trailed in several games at some point in the season, the last one was against Windsor when they trailed 11-7 after the first quarter, on October 13th

It is too bad that there is such a disconnect between City Hall, MacMaster & the Tiger-Cats.
If this great victory happened in 2003 it would of rocked this city to its core.
Something or someone happened along the way, me thinks.