Western at McMaster OUA Semi-Final Game Day Thread

I figure this deserves it's own thread. We should be able to cheer for a real team that knows how to win...

What: OUA Semi-Final #2

Who: University of Western Ontario Mustangs vs. McMaster University Marauders

Why: To secure a place in next weeks Yates Cup

Where: Ron Joyce Stadium at McMaster University in Hamilton

When: Saturday November 3rd, 2012 4:30 pm

How: Radio: 900 CHML (4:00 pm), Television: The Score (4:30 pm)

Western has a lot of young talent and shows signs this could be the next powerhouse after the end of the Quinlan dynasty. For today it's all about learning and preparing for the next couple of years. McMaster has been the number 1 ranked team since the very beginning and absolutely dominated every team they have played this season. This is the last year for most of the players and only a repeat trip to the Vanier Cup will do for this team this year.

I want to go, but I've never been there before and I'd rather not solo it. I'm to understand it's being broadcast on the score.

I think I might do the Mitchell Bowl. I figure it will be Calgary that will make it out of the West, and they should actually provide Mac a challenge...

If Mac gets past them, then I'm deffinately going to the Vanier Cup...

Just a quick note, Guelph/Queens is going into overtime, so the game will only be available on 900 CHML until semi-final #1 is finished...

Nevermind, Guelph got a TD on it's first possession after a Queens FG, it's over the game is now starting on The Score...

Interesting stat. Quinlan has only thrown 2 interceptions all season...! :o

I had to make note of that, Quinlan is picked off by Western in the endzone… :oops:

And Mac get the interception right back. Mac is now on the Western 20...

TD Mac!!!!

BURY THE PURPLE PRISSY PONIES!!!!!!

That was quick. TD Mac, a rushing one at that.

7-0 Maroon over Purple....

I’m looking at the empty stands at the Ron Joyce and I’m wondering…

“Why?”…

Thats what happens when u pis of a Nation ! Ticats Nation !

I'm sure a lot of Cats Fans would have went and supported Mac but i think they were busy :wink:

Whatever...

:roll: :lol:

Oh, oh, TD Western after another long drive....

10-7 Purple over Maroon....

I'm not sure, but I think this is the first time they've trailed all season...

I hope I haven't counted my Mitchell Bowls before they hatched... :oops:

You gotta' help me with this one, TC. What in the world does an upset Ticat fan base have to do with the attendance at a university football game? I may just be thick......

Western has had some seriously long drives and Will Finch looks very good…

I think he's upset because Mac didn't play along and told Bob's team to essentially "take a hike!"...

Fumble Mac...Western recovers..

Mac is in BIG TROUBLE in this game...

TD Western...

I suspect that it’s due to being spoiled by success. I’m not planning to attend until the Mitchell Bowl.

Nooooooooo! Fumble recovered by Western deep in Mac territory… :o

Arrrrggh…TD Western…

17-7 London over Hamilton…

People forget quickly, just a short time ago The City of Hamilton let Mac play at IWS while their stadium was being built and a lot of Cats fans went to Mac games, but when The City needed Macs help, what did Mac do, say NO !