West Final - Bombers @ Stamps - Sunday 4:30 pm EST

So I've got my bowl of hot popcorn, a cold one, that being a cherry Slush Puppie (I'm hard core; there's none colder and sweetened with old-fashioned cane sugar to boot; nothing but the real deal for me!) and I'm ready for the big game!

wpg 28
calg 25

A wpg vs ott Grey cup would be nice for a change.

Have Winnipeg & Ottawa ever contested a Grey Cup? (trivia question)

Nice 57/58 yd FG by Justin Medlock to open the scoring. Good omen, cuz frankly I didn’t think Medlock had the leg to punch stuff in from beyond 55 anymore!

Surprised Calgary elected to take ball at own 35 after Wpg field goal.

You’d think they’d have scouted Wpg’s rather feeble kick coverage vs. Sask’n last week in Regina . . . .

He’s gonna age another 5 yrs watching Mitchell dissect his secondary!

I looked it up, 1941, last time they played each other in GC

Wow - 77 years; even I don’t recall that one! lol

Always impressed at how well prepared and attention to detail recent Calgary teams are. Forces you to be near perfect.

Only way to break them is get a substantial lead and then they’ll take more risks.

Rock on!!! :wink:

It’s early, but like some have said here, I smell an BB upset.

I`m starting to, too. What has happened to Calgary in the 2nd half of the season?

I also though there would be more fans at the game - but we/I always say that.

Crowd looks good maybe 33,900 I would guess .

Nope - Bombers are tough but they’re also skittish. If Slow-Levi Mitchell can keep the pressure up on the bomber secondary the bombers will eventually give in to superior coaching and slightly more precise quarter-backing!

Yes, best crowd they’ve had in years at McMahon immo

For me BLM has regressed this year, not up to his MOP standards the last several years.
His completion rate and gunslinging ways are not as impressive.
Not sure this is the year he would want a shot at the No Funners

Frankly don’t think either Mitchell (over-trying) or Nichols (scarecrow in pocket) can overwhelm Ottawa . . .

Right now, Mitchell is picking apart a skittish bomber defense.

Bomber offense now mostly 2 and out

Calgary offense - nearly 7 minutes of persistent clock eating fir their TD

If Matt “Mutt” Nichols starts drawing blanks - O’Shea’s only out might be throwing Twisty (Streveler) in

another Matt 'n Out by bomber offense.

6 pts isn’t a good thing to sit on boys!

btw - the chances of Mike O’Shea going counter-intuitive and inserting Streveler = SLIM & NONE, mostly none!

Bad leg punt by Medlock into the wind and resulting no yds give Calgary an auto chance at another easy TD (no 8 minute drive required this time; Bo should be able to get it done in no more than 3 or 4 plays)

Hopefully Nichols hasn’t become so zombified that he gives Mitchell another chance in the last minute w/ his obligatory 2 'n outs!!!

The thing I love about O’Shea, he has a package for Strev for every game and is not afraid to use regardless of the game situation.
In this win or else game, it may become an earlier necessity.
Plus, there is not much of a drop off if any between Mutt and the very impressive first year Jeff.