West 10-2

Last place in the west is beter then first in the east!!!
This WILL be a crossover year for sure.... I say that Ham and TO both miss the playoffs....
Sad really with the Bills coming and all....Oh well they'll miss the playoffs again along with the Leafs, Sabers, Senators and Blow Jays...
Raptors are the cream of the crop for southern Ontario....sad really.

Games are WAYYYYYY too tight to predict that yet.

Most of the games have been extremely close, the stat is a bit misleading.

So if most of the games are close for the rest of the season where most of the play will be interdivisional (8 of every teams final 13 games will be interdivisional) then the disparity between East and West should remain..
Lets face facts.... despite the fact the Bombers have been brutal... they have just as much chance as finishing first as Montreal (losers of three in a row) or Toronto(losers of 3 of 4)If you can win 9 games this year in the east you will finish in first...
If you finish with 9 wins in the West you will have to travel across the country to Montreal to play in the Eastern semi final.

I think that one thing is for certain is that the West has much stronger teams this year.

Yes, the west is definitely better...

But crossovers don't happen a lot despite this. All East teams have losing records b/c they have been beaten up by west teams (no argument there) for the past 3 weeks. When the schedule goes back to divisional play this week and the next few weeks, the records will start to even out in each division. By Labor Day, East teams will have winning records b/c they play each other.

The reality is, no matter how good West teams are (and they usually are), crossovers are relatively rare because of this.

Well it's gonna happen this year.

It's not even a third of the way into the season yet.

So if you look at the cats record for the first third of the last 5 seasons…was there any diference for the last two thirds?

LOL

Oh ya there was that one season with Marshall where the first third of the season went well then you guys folded down the stretch finishing 8-10... ya I guess your right.

Blin Wrote:
Oh ya there was that one season with Marshall where the first third of the season went well then you guys folded down the stretch finishing 8-10... ya I guess your right.

Blin, who exactly are you talking to? rpaege? He's an esks fan...

Are you talking to me, cuz if you are, you're preaching to the choir my friend... the Cats have stunk out the league the past few years. No argument here.

But just to clarify, in '04 we finished 9-8-1, not 8-10. :slight_smile:

And what any of this has to do with a western crossover is beyond me...

Wow, were you in the debate club in high school? Or in kindergarten? Cuz I'm telling ya, you put up quite the argument there.

Wow, I didn't stand a chance with that informative counterpoint.

You may as well have ended that response with 'SO THERE!'

With the exception of a couple of games most of the East vs West games have been incredibly close. 3 of the 10 wins were blowouts off the top of my head, and 2 of those were Hamilton, who also played the only undefeated team extremely close.

I don't think the gap between the worst and best team is that much this year.

so there... times a million infinitities nananana foo foo you poo poo head

[quote="Dust"] 3 of the 10 wins were blowouts off the top of my head, and 2 of those were Hamilton, who also played the only undefeated team extremely close.
quote]

Actually, Hamilton has only been blown out by 1 West team. The Calgary game from about a week ago. The other Hamilton blow out was the first game of the season against Montreal.

Gonna be an awesome season for the CFL with every game so close and the teams with losing records are talented enough to turn them into winning records. Can't wait for November.

I agree. This is shaping up to be a fantastic season. Most games are coming right down to the wire.

These “West is better” threads always puzzle me. Where were these types of threads in the late '90s and early 2000s when the eastern division was the better one?

Oh, that’s right, we didn’t need to make posts like that, because we’re not so insecure that we need to exert our superiority by insulting the fans of weaker teams.

Blin, you really have nothing to brag about, since you have nothing to do with your team’s success. Your favourite team could win the Grey Cup every year from now until the end of time, and you will be able to lay no claim to their greatness.

And there was an internet forum on which to make those posts?? C'mon.

There was, actually.