We're in guys...It's official!

[b]We're in the playoffs guys! :thup: It's official. Having lost to Edmonton today, Saskatchewan cannot get to 3rd place in the west however, Saskatchewan can make life miserable and spoil the Lions' party or for that matter Calgary's and Edmonton's. Saskatchewan meets up with the Lions next week. We DO NOT want to lose that game! Saskatchewan meets up with Calgary the following week and a few weeks later they face Edmonton one more time. A loss by the wrong team in any one of these games seriously puts 1st place in jeopardy.

October 29 may be the game of all games against Edmonton depending on the standings by then. At the present time the Lions lead their series against Edmonton. It will be interesting to see what happens if Edmonton Esks beat the Lions on October 29. The series would be tied and if the Lions and Edmonton end up with the same number of points in the standings they would have to look at total points scored in the series. At least I think that's the way it would work.

I'm delighted to see that the Lions did not have to rely on the cross over like they did in the past to get into the playoffs. The 3 way tie in points standings is awesome and will make for a fabulous month of October. It looks like we will be hosting either the semi-final or the Western Final. Either one makes for at least one more game in B.C. Place. Let's hope it is the Western Final.

The Lions must be very careful going into Regina next week. Regina is hurting emotionally. They've not had a TD in the last 3 games. They have been outscored by the opposition 11-1 ......that's 99-9 in the past three games. THAT is unheard of. Good grief! Even for pro-football players at this level that's got to hurt. They are playing for next season and the coaches will be watching to see who stays and who gets the boot. They'll bounce back eventually I'm sure. But they are not our problem. They had a good run for the past two years.

We have to hope we get Solomon back soon and that the rest of the team stays healthy and doesn't get banged up. Everything is looking good so far. This is proving to be a great Cinderella story. We just don't want to see this ride turn into a pumpkin![/b]

Need to clarify something in my last post.

"The Lions must be very careful going into Regina next week. Regina is hurting emotionally. They've not had a TD in the last 3 games. They have been outscored by the opposition 11-1 ......that's 99-9 in the past three games. "

Should read 11:1 not 11-1.

Beagle I'm pretty sure Wally and the coaching staff will make sure the boys stay focus. Sask fans are loyal and proud just like their team and would like nothing more then to spoiled a teams run. Lets not forget this is a team that is still fighting for a crossover. This team isn't going to roll over just yet. They are going to need alot of help just to get there.

I sure do hope so lions40. If things work out the Lions could finish off the season with 11 straight wins. In fact I don't think they've peaked yet!lol There is still room for improvement. My biggest concern is Lulay getting injured. A concussion? A twisted ankle? An injury caused by one of his own players?

There are things that the opposition can exploit if the Lions are not on their toes. Specialty teams for example and Cornish and Taylor practically owned the Defense.

I don't think Saskatchewan has much of a chance of making the playoffs. They're out as far as I'm concerned but mathematically yes they have a chance so they will play their hearts out. One game at a time they say with lots of fingers crossed that Hamilton implodes for some reason. Sask must win all of their games and Hamilton must lose all of its games. Saskatchewan can settle for a tie in any game except against Hamilton. But I think Saskatchewan sang its swan song today against Edmonton. I guess as long as there is even a mathematical chance there is a chance.