Well that was ugly

What a gong show that was against Hamilton. Two sure picks , one dropped one deflected to Fantuz for a TD. Durant making up for lost time throwing pick after pick after pick. Penalties after penalties. Blown coverage after blown coverage. This team is a mess.

Has Jones lost the room? I know I said the Stamp game could be a telling point on this and the team seemed to answer the call but this was such a nose dive into the crapper it has to make some start to wonder.

This game was over well before half time. 7 points is simply not acceptable in any way shape or form. Yes Doubles was not sharp by a long shot but again consistent pressure in his face and I think it was either throw or take a hammering and I think he is getting sick of having that happen to him. We simply need to get some consistency of players on both sides of the ball. There is no way a team can gel when you are looking at a different face in a position week in and week out.

It was really really really tough to watch this one to the end but watch I did. The only positives I saw was Holley looks like he could be good, big receiver with some speed. Ford in at Rb seemed to play fairly well too. The rest of the team was a mess.

3 win this year may be a stretch with this kind of effort.

The only good thing going for the riders is:

A. They got plenty of moolah to burn

&

B. Two games comin' up with the Bombers - who despite their gaudy 4-4 record have always been known to donate copious quantities of football plasma to their western bum buddies!

That said, even if the bombers somehow manage to smother the riders 2 straight the fact there's 28,000 season ticket holders in reserve, all or most don't want to lose their stadium rights. Hear they got a big chunk of waiting list, too! Waiting for what?

That may work for next year but if the team is as bad next year as this year and there has been no solid evidence that it won't be. Then you may be surprised how quick some of those seats become available, especially with games like tonight.

I mean who wants to pay hard earned bucks to watch a team play like that? It will get old pretty quick for most.

Yes the team is rebuilding,
I don't expect them to win all their games, but what I expected is for the team to show signs of improvement each week.
last nights game was one of the worst performances the team has had in years.
so what is the problem ?
you have to have continuity with the players which we don't have right now.
why is it that with their greatly expanded scouting system that the majority of players that we are bringing in are from other teams roster ( rejects ) ?
injuries has played a big role on the offensive side, as virtually the whole O-Line is on the 6 game injury list.
timely dropped balls to stall drives, with no running game its easier for opposing defences to game plan against you, a balanced attack is needed. ( refer back to statement on O-Line )
on the defensive side I believe that they don't have the player personnel for the style of defence that they are trying to implement ?
this is entirely on the shoulders of the coaching staff ( you work with what you have not with what you want ) ?
special teams, they still haven't got the right player personnel.
the best defence is a great offense , because if they don't have the ball they can't score.
Penalties, we seem to be taking penalties at the most inopportune times to keep opposing teams drives alive.

in my opinion the team is regressing not progressing and this is the most frustrating part.
hopefully the teams issues get better not worse.

You pretty much nailed it. Jones is trying to do far too much all in one chunk. You have guys playing positions they have never played before and they are not to blame, that is on the coach. Yes Newsome has held his own most of the times but Cap is just lost in this defense scheme. The Fraser experiment is not working either. We have so many new players in the secondary on a weekly basis that as I said they can not trust one another because they have no playing time together. The O line is a disaster and I'm just glad Durant didn't get killed. He took some big hits though and I think that was in his head and a good part for throwing all the picks. It was simply a matter of survival for him, get rid of the ball anywhere before he got nailed. I also think he was trying too hard to do it all himself and was forcing the ball where he had little chance of completing it.

Mac and Durant do not seem to be on the same page and I don't see it working. Question is now is Jones so stupid that he can't see the play calling is crap or does he use this as the reason to dump Durant. Personally I think it will be the latter in the off season. Jones would never admit that "his guys" are not the guys for the job.

No we can not get rid of Jones this year or probably even most of next either. Simply far too much has been invested in Jones and he holds far too many titles,that is on Reynolds. We put all our eggs in one basket and went for the hail Mary and it is so far a bust. The only possible solution is perhaps every move Jones wants to make has to be passed by Murph and Reynolds before going ahead. It won't happen of course because Reynolds isn't a football guy but something needs to be done to put a leash on Jones. They probably should have canned him after the violations he did and cost the team so much. They probably had a legit shot of doing so under the gross breaching of the rules.

Here is the problem though. Even if they did fire Jones or even if he resigned,then what? We would need a new HC a new DC and a new VP. Murph could take over as VP and GM but that still leaves us no HC or DC and back to square one we go because of course a new HC would want "his guys " as OC ,ST and DC. Basically we are behind the 8 ball and there is very few palatable options to get out of it and Jones knows it. We handed over the key to the place to Jones so it almost impossible to evict him now unless he shoots a player on the field during a game and even then they would probably keep him since he is an American and he felt he had the right to bare arms and defend his property, he thought the player was an intruder. Yes all right perhaps he may get fired then but you get my point that we have opened the lid on bottle and getting the Genie back in is not going to be easy. Basically we are stuck with Jones and this mess and all we can do it sit back and ride it out. When the dust settles who knows what will happen. We will either have a very good team or possibly no team at all. Not exactly a pleasant situation to be in though that is for sure.

Hang on Rider fans this is far from over for better or worse though who knows.

That certainly was hard to take.

This is how I'm seeing this mess get straightened out. Jones is not going to get fired we all know that. So what to do? Seems obvious to me that Mr Jones has too many hats on his head, take one off and get someone else to fill the position so we can try and fix this mess otherwise what is will always be.

I would suggest the GM hat goes but I doubt that will happen. Next scenario would be to remove the DC hat that may be an easier pill to swallow for Mr Jones but doubtful as well.

Mr Reynolds needs to fix this mistake and Mr Jones needs to suck it up and relinquish some of his dutys, will it happen? I doubt it but it does need to happen asap. Pass the GM hat to Mr Murphy at least that will show us fans that they are trying to fix this gong show. Status quo will not do.

If these clowns want to show us that they care about this team then something better happen.

Did anyone listen to the call in show after the game? Someone called in with some pretty crazy accusations against the Riders with respect to our cheating ways.... it seems the league is not finished with the fines according to this person with another $175,000 and draft pick(s) to be levied yet. According to this someone all of this was orchestrated by the commissioner starting right after or just before the Grey Cup with a chain of emails to back this all up. Edmonton and Calgary were warned prior to the season.... that's all I gathered with that.

FWIW I'm just relaying what I heard on the call in show last night, upset fan, happy foe? who knows? Any truth to this? No idea. Is it time to play musical hats? YES.

No I didn't listen to the call in show but I wish I had. As for the whole fine thing and more penalties yet to come being done or not, that is hard to say as the League did say the investigation was still on going. I would hope after two weeks has past it would be done by now but I would also not be shocked if there is more to come.

IF as you say that we get nailed another 175k and it costs us draft picks then I don't know how we could let that just slide under the table without Jones paying a price. Yes the GM position should be stripped from Jones if this does occur and given to Murph. Your right though Jones is not going to give up the DC role this year and he has all ready stated that from day 1. Next year he said he would consider it though. This team could be in more trouble they anyone can really imagine. All this crap about us being able to afford these mistakes is just that, crap. No way can we afford to lose 250k in fines and then draft picks and probably even more cap space and be competitive.

This whole thing could bring what was once a financially strong organization back down to its knees. Ring those phones, ring those phones. What a cluster muck this is starting to turn into.

IF there are more substantial fines and loss of draft picks coming I would be getting my lawyers to dissect Jones and Reynolds contracts to terminate them under the gross breaching of the rules.
this is Not the way that you want this situation to resolve its self BUT sometimes you gota a do what you gota do and it ain't pretty.

Well actually, the fines SO FAR are nothing but a slap on the wrist. Remember, they've only docked THIS YEAR'S cap and this year outside of Durant they have barely any salaries on the books. Everybody else is gone. I would think that they'd be barely above the salary floor right now so who gives a damn about a reduction in 2016 cap? It's a joke. The penalties for what Jones has been doing this year should be 5 or 10 times harsher.

That certainly was hard to take.

This is how I’m seeing this mess get straightened out. Jones is not going to get fired we all know that. So what to do? Seems obvious to me that Mr Jones has too many hats on his head, take one off and get someone else to fill the position so we can try and fix this mess otherwise what is will always be.

I would suggest the GM hat goes but I doubt that will happen. Next scenario would be to remove the DC hat that may be an easier pill to swallow for Mr Jones but doubtful as well.

Mr Reynolds needs to fix this mistake and Mr Jones needs to suck it up and relinquish some of his dutys, will it happen? I doubt it but it does need to happen asap. Pass the GM hat to Mr Murphy at least that will show us fans that they are trying to fix this gong show. Status quo will not do.

If these clowns want to show us that they care about this team then something better happen.

Did anyone listen to the call in show after the game? Someone called in with some pretty crazy accusations against the Riders with respect to our cheating ways… it seems the league is not finished with the fines according to this person with another $175,000 and draft pick(s) to be levied yet. According to this someone all of this was orchestrated by the commissioner starting right after or just before the Grey Cup with a chain of emails to back this all up. Edmonton and Calgary were warned prior to the season… that’s all I gathered with that.

FWIW I’m just relaying what I heard on the call in show last night, upset fan, happy foe? who knows? Any truth to this? No idea. Is it time to play musical hats? YES.

Wow - if there is even an ounce of truth to this, it will do huge damage to the CFL. If emails proving that the CFL was in email to Calgary and Edmonton prior to the season surface it would result in so many law suits that the CFL may not survive in its current form. I suspect its just someone blowing smoke but WOW if there is any truth at all - this will be something that the CFL will find very difficult to survive.

Yeah I think its bogus myself. I listened to the call in show today from after the game and it really doesn't jive. I mean why would the league be looking into these violations last year at the time of the Grey Cup? First we weren't in violation at that time so that kind of squashes that. Second why would the league be in bed with Edmonton and Calgary? Something doesn't sound right.

[url=https://scontent.fyqr1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/13962522_10153739626437155_1181904220321228613_n.jpg?oh=ce6c5281a22fde7cd68b1d83f36b6ec5&oe=584C73B2]https://scontent.fyqr1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/ ... e=584C73B2[/url]

When I first read about the callers allegations I had to laugh though. There is probably some truth to the theory that this is the CFL going after the Riders for the whole Jones fiasco. The sad/funny part ( depending on how you look at it ) is that most Rider fans would gladly give him back at this point lol

Pathetic,, never lost 2 games in a row, well he has now