Well Gade fans you better phone Urban

Hey sorry to sound like a broken record but... while I want the Renegades around for the season, is it logistically possible for any group to accomplish the task in time for this season? Whether the league should or should not is a different question.

Statik76 is a knucklehead, as for me, the league should be propping up the Renegades and taking them over for 2006 because they have cased this problem, if they don't I will no longer support the CFL and become solely an NFL fan. I have been a fan and supporter of the CFL for 40 years but this is the end. The CFL can go screw itself like it has screwed Ottawa fans. :x

Screwing who aside, I find it interesting that there have been no classy owners come forward and want to invest in Ottawa like Bob Young did here in Hamilton and Mr. Sokolowski and Cynamon in Toronto, Mr. Wetenhall in Montreal etc.

Now, tell me people in Ottawa, is this a coincidence that your city can't attract anyone with class? Or is this "the leagues fault" yet again? I'm thinking there must be a reason why your city can't attract someone classy. And please tell me why classy people seem to be avoiding the Gades like a plague? I'm all ears....

I have no idea whatsoever. Maybe the CFL doesn't want a team in Ottawa and the last expansion was a money grab ?

The CFL doesn’t want a team in Ottawa? Come on and get serious, of course they do but maybe it’s your mayor and city council scaring quality people away. Not the leagues fault my friend.

Believe me, I am not a fan of Ottawa City Councillors. They are extremely left-wing and not supportive of sports in general. The CFL certainly did not help when they asked for a 5 Milliion dollar franchise fee from the Brad Watters group and then screw the Renegades in a weak draft. Why didn't the league try to make the Renegades more competitive out of the gate ? Why was the Ottawa market even considered an expansion market after the Rough Riders operated for 120 years ? This was insulting to long time Ottawa CFL fans. The CFL acted like this was a new market. What the hell was that all about ?

Why then are quality owners like Melynk and this latest group from Toronto Golden Gate, being scared off now, at this time? It isn't because the CFL insulted Ottawa fans in the past in whatever way. These people seemed truly interested from what I've read. I have to believe that it is the city there, the mayor and council, not making it attractive enough through getting some money from operating FCS for other events and that etc. Basically the city doesn't want a CFL team there and these owners know this. I believe the CFL is trying as much as it can to correct any mistakes in the past it did there but I believe that the city isn't playing ball and this is why quality owners are backing off. This is what I think and the CFL, if this is the case and I think it is, shouldn't run the team in this case. Hamilton and Toronto may have been different cases, I don't think you can just compare these cases with Ottawa without knowing all the facts.

Hey, I want a team in Ottawa and many CFL fans do but it takes everyone to play ball to make it happen. And I don't think the city of Ottawa wants a team anymore, they will never admit this but this is what I think, which BTW, doesn't matter at all.

and here is my question to this group, instead of pulling out, say that we will buy the team now, but we aren’t playing in the 2006 season since there isn’t any time.

Why put out compelty if the 2006 season is the issue? the solution is simple, don’t play! rebuild during the season and off season and come back in 2007!

Yes, the league can take over the team and play it in the season, but why do that when the gades are short handed (like the Expos) and you will have a good chance to LOSE more money? if Ottawa debt is as big as the rumors say, why add more to it?

...don't walk away yet 666....there still might be some hope for the franchise in the Cap. It dosen't look good for a team in Ottawa this year....but with proper promotion it could fly in 07.....I'm pretty sure a new owner would have the pick of players through-out the league next year...and noticing how many good back-up qbs. there are now....definitely the selection of the right one could set-up the revival of the Gades....A lot of things can happen yet...so don't give up the ship... :arrow:

The CFL screwed the 1st Gades ownership into contributing $$$ to support HAM and TOR when they were on shaky ground (thus contributing to the losses that group had;it could be argued this monetary drain prevented that ownership from applying those dollars into improving the talent--thus leading to a worse team thereafter--thus helping ensure today's predicament!"---THERE SHOULD BE GROUNDS IN THIS FOR A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT AGAINST THE CFL BY GADES/FANS and TICKET HOLDERS (should the present CFL bozos terminate the franchise or suspend operations this season) ON THE GROUNDS OF UNFAIR AND UNEQUAL BUSINESS PRACTICES LEADING TO A FLIM-FLAMMING OF THE OTTAWA FANBASE!)...the GADES FANBASE should seek $millions in compensation for severe psychological damage,pain and suffering CAUSED BY THE NEGLIGENCE AND THE UNFAIR TREATMENT GIVEN TO OTTAWA FANS BY THE CFL--if OTTAWA GOES DOWN,SO SHOULD THE CFL! THEY OWE US
BIGTIME!

mlgottfan, do you really think there is enough of a solid, united fan base in Ottawa to make this happen, a class action suit? I personally don't think so, some real, great fans there for sure, but not a great base.
But go for it I say, all the power to you.
By the way, your mayor and city council also owe it to you as they are scaring potential classy, quality owners away faster than you can say Tom Wright.

I’m with you 666.

Thank God for the classy Senators.

I'm out too. I will be following the Senators and the NY Giants from now on if the Renegades fold.

Best of luck to the Senators now and in the future. I hope they survive some years where they aren't so good but since they have a quality owner, shouldn't be a problem - or might it?
Also, hopefully Ottawa will still be in the league this year and for a long time.

Papazoola is right and he is god!

what up with the Ott fans, I little bit of tourble and one season suspended, and they are all balting out???

jeez, no wonder their gades and in trouble, they’re all babies!

For a franchise to make it the team needs not only generate money from the fans coming to the game, But concessions and parking. The City of Ottawa would sooner have the park empty then to comply. I do not blame prospective buyers stating that they want to move the team or not buy because of this road block. Complain to your local representive they are the ones causing the problem. The Gliebs having more money the brains did not care if they made money and the City benefited by them. So now they want another sucker to come in and give them their money. NOw seriously if you had the worst stadium agreement in the country would you buy this team and even keep them there.

R&W2005...that was one of the questions I posed in the Ottawa forum.....Too many armchair talk show hosts have their own ideas. SO far there have been 16 looks but no answers yet.

…it’s 4:45, time for your meds…

I am a firm believer how the league must prop up the Gades for 06, as we are told there are several potential buyers in the wings for 07. None better then Eugene Melnyk who according to sources from Bob McCown at Fan 590/Sportsnet and Matt Sekeres of the Ottawa Citizen who was on the show this afternoon will take on the Gades
together with the operation of FC.
The league owes to the fans in Ottawa to run it and especially since the Gleiberguy said he would share in the cost for up to $2-3M. I am also very much leary how it will not work to mothball the team for one year and have all of the core players disappear and to start all over again as an expansion team. It will not work.
My CFL includes the Ottawa Renegades.

Yeah, but have you seen how the city of Ottawa Screws whoever the owners are. The way The City controls parking and concessions, no wonder potential owners walk away!