Welcome to Aldershot/Potential relocation sites

we have been talking about Milton on the Cats leaving Hamilton thread. Did you see the mayor said they had about 4 sites with highways access but they would want to talk to the TiCats to see what they would prefer!!

I googled the words Milton Ontario hotels and a Holiday Inn Express and a Best Western were the first listed in the results.

As Said Before under Mayor Gordon Krantz Milton is the Fastest Growing area of Halton.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milton,_Ontario

My 1st Choice is Burlington but Milton would be my 2nd Choice now..

You mean they won't be forced to choose the brownfield re-development site that has no parking or highway access? What an amazing concept. :lol:

Do you think we could get the mayor of Milton to run here in the Hammer in October? I'd be more than willing to contribute to his campaign. Its about time we had someone with more than the intelligence of the average moron running things here. :cowboy:

Not in Halton..

Milton? Your crazy brother, if they leave Hamilton I for one will not be going to Milton to watch them, Burlington maybe! Come be serious here Onknight you know me personally and I know you! You complain you cant afford to get to Hamilton alot, how are you going to get to Milton dude!
If Bob has no choice to move I wish him the best!
I say wait till the elections this fall, as a new city politicans will be voted in as well as a new Mayor, then try to see if a deal is possible to obtain a new stadium or to overhaul Ivor Wynne, with the PanAm games or not!
I was never in favor of these games to begin with, its not going to change my pocket book in the least!
Id rather pay more property taxes which i do pay i might add being a Home owner in Hamilton, then my taxes to be raised for a stadium i do not support if the Ti-Cats leave!

I'd move to Milton .. if the Cats move there.

This thread was about the team moving to Aldershot. Can we get back on topic please?

Now that's hardcore.

You have that choice most of us dont Tom!!
Have fun in Milton, im sure the crime rate is lower then Hamilton, anyways so you should have no worries! :lol:

I totally agree!

apologies for being off topic in this thread, but here goes…

Congratulations to Tom for his passion. I myself would still follow the team even if it moved to Ottawa.

You may think I am nuts (don’t worry I won’t move there), but let me explain. My father, a Westdale alumni was the only member of our Hamilton household to cheer for the RR’s in the sixties. This was due to Russ Jackson, another Westdale alumni being the starting QB. While we used to poke fun at him a lot, it didn’t waver his support. So in my long deceased father’s memory, I would do as he did. (The sins of the father, perhaps?).

Aldershot would work very well for us (my grandson and I ) considering we travel from Kitchener to each home game. Onknight showed me the proposed location last Thursday evening following the EM rally. Not sure about Milton - however, that is much closer than Aldershot. Nonetheless, the city fathers who are in bed with the people who own some of the land that is proposed for development are the same people who have been allowed to own the property and do nothing with it. Perhaps the new stadium will generate something in an area that needs to be changed. Only problem, the team that has been the fabric of the city of Hamilton will not be playing there. If you review the past, the city has a huge history of throwing the Cats under the bus. Aldershot - Milton would suit me just fine. Looks good on the city brain trust who can never get things right even though their own commissioned study stated " West Harbour " will not work for a stadium. Bob is absolutely correct, Hamilton has nothing to offer except a high level of city management incompetence. I would prefer Aldershot because I would not have to drive through that toxic waist dump I call my former home town.

Wouldn't south Kitchener work even better? Maybe Ballsille could get involved.

I agree with everything but one, NOT the whole city is a toxic waste dump brother! Iive on the mountain which is clean, but the west and east ends of Hamilton are also nice. Its like a 10 blocks of Hamilton that is a waste dump now, I repeat NOT the whole city!

X2

:thup: :thup:

Aldershot would work very well for us (my grandson and I ) considering we travel from Kitchener to each home game. Onknight showed me the proposed location last Thursday evening following the EM rally. Not sure about Milton - however, that is much closer than Aldershot. Nonetheless, the city fathers who are in bed with the people who own some of the land that is proposed for development are the same people who have been allowed to own the property and do nothing with it. Perhaps the new stadium will generate something in an area that needs to be changed. Only problem, the team that has been the fabric of the city of Hamilton will not be playing there. If you review the past, the city has a huge history of throwing the Cats under the bus. Aldershot - Milton would suit me just fine. Looks good on the city brain trust who can never get things right even though their own commissioned study stated " West Harbour " will not work for a stadium. Bob is absolutely correct, Hamilton has nothing to offer except a high level of city management incompetence. I would prefer Aldershot because I would not have to drive through that toxic waist dump I call my former home town.

after the vote last night it don't matter to me
I feel the city is a Toxic Waist Dump for Ignorance
People who don't understand Bob Young and his Vision for a Regional Team ..
The Team can't just be the Hamilton Tigecats and Survive .
It needs to be a Regional Brand.. Like Roughriders are to a Province.

This why I Support a Move to Halton ..

Hey Army, why are you repeating your previous post? It really doesn't add much to the conversation you know.

I hope Bob is still looking at these forums. I would absolutely keep my season tickets to go to a stadium in Aldershot. Milton I'd probably go to a couple games a year. I'm not likely to drive to Quebec though. :slight_smile: