Welcome to Aldershot/Potential relocation sites

Aldershot Stadium site,
Featuring a newly expanded GO/VIA Station,
Soon to be completed full access 403 interchange,
Highway visibility for whoever buys the naming rights.
No brownfield clean-up issues,
No urban sprawl issues.
Currently zoned for sports/entertainment uses
The HSR and Burlington Transit both service the GO station now.
A natural residential buffer in place(CNR Line)
Faster and easier access for Pan-Am athletes coming for events from the Games Village in TO.

What's not to like about this site?

and hamilton taxpayers save some dough and see the team ten minutes from where the owner said it cant work. Its a win win situation except if you pay taxes in aldershot, that is.

would they still call them the HAMILTON Tigercats...I think I would be ok with this if thats the case....but Aldershot Tiger Cats just seems silly.

New York Jets/ Giants play in New Jersey and that doesn't seem to affect their image.

which never made sense to me to begin with but the more important thing is access to the stadium from the Hamilton Down Town core. How long and how easy would it be for us to get to the Aldershot stadium.

The Ticats staying somewhere in the area seems like the best case scenerio at this point....I hope it happens. Worst case scenerio they fold or move to a far and distant land (like Moncton). I can't picture Bob leaving the general area if he can somehow keep the team around. He is the "caretaker" after all.

Although it would be a bit funny for Hamilton to have a stadium with no major tenant I really don't want to see that as it is a waste of tax payers money. I mean community use is great but you don't need 15 000 seats for that. I truly can not see an MLS team going to Hamilton so best case scenerio at this point for Hamilton is maybe a NASL team. No way to tell but I'd assume a soccer team at that level in Hamilton would draw about 5 - 10 thousand. Would that be a legacy tenant?

I think most Hamiltonians would be able to get in and out of an Aldershot stadium for a TiCats game quicker than a West Harbour stadium. Unless you live in the North End access to a CFL stadium would be a nightmare.

Dont the Ottawa Senators play in Kanata?

Bob Young has the territorial rights to the NASL.
I sure he's not going to separate the two teams.

They will both play in Aldershot

I'm on board! And, if Bob likes, they could continue to be "Hamilton Tiger-Cats" since the team owner also owns the name and trademark (see Horn Chen and Ottawa Rough Riders). Or he might choose the name "Eisenberger Escapees"

http://moveticatsburlington.blogspot.com/ [url=http://moveticatsburlington.blogspot.com/2010/08/it-time-to-leave-hamilton-bob.html]http://moveticatsburlington.blogspot.co ... n-bob.html[/url]

Bob Young ,
You Tried Dealing with Hamilton City Hall
As many have found you can not make it work .
With a City Hall with Tunnel Vision.

For your Driveway to Drive way Experience to work you need to move down the 403 to Burlington Ontario.

Here is Why :
403 Access
Go and Via Access
Bus Service from Hamilton Burlington and go Transit '
This area is Zoned for A Stadium
It is Shovel Ready

Burlington is City that know how work with a Small Bussness owner
Hamilton has proved To Owner after Owner
That don't support there Team
The 20,000 Die Hard Fan are not Enough to make it work in Hamilton
The Brand Must Expand Beyond it Hamilton Borders to Survive

Both Go Transit and Burlington Transit currently run scheduled service from downtown Hamilton to Aldershot Station. I am sure extra busses could be lined up for an event at the new stadium.

They don’t own the Name Tigercats the CFL Lends them that Name it owned by the CFL.

But the CFL Supports Bob what ever he plans,

I love the idea of moving the team to Aldershot at this point. Especially near the GO/VIA Station there. That would be a great location to attract fans from Hamilton and Burlington.

And for those that dont remember, Aldershot was once a part of East Flambourough (Wentworth County), before it was annexed by Burlington.

The Mayor of Miltion has ask the Ticats to talk to them about moving to his city
It close to the 403..and there going talk about 3 spots in the city

This was on CHCH

[url=http://maps.google.ca/maps?hl=en&rlz=1G1GGLQ_ENCA379&q=milton+ontario&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=Milton,+ON&gl=ca&ei=QSZjTMKEK4L-Oe_QrbIK&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&ct=image&resnum=1&ved=0CBwQ8gEwAA]http://maps.google.ca/maps?hl=en&rlz=1G ... CBwQ8gEwAA[/url]

One other "odd" fact about Aldershot is that they have Hamilton telephone exchanges not Burlington. This makes them part of Hamilton, at least in "Ma Bell's" opinion. :lol:

I work near to the Aldershot Go station and it is only a 15 minute drive from my central mountain house, even during rush hour.

Just saw CHCH and thought Milton was interesting for a new home for the Tabbies if they leave
(which they probably will.) :smiley: :smiley:

Any hotels in Milton to stay over at just in case once in a while?

As long as it is a reasonable drive (30 minutes or so) I will continue to support the Ticats no matter where they play. (I do prefer Aldershot however as it is definitely closer to myself and probably most Ticat fans).