Welcome Playoffs

Wow - the Cats made the playoffs. It sure wasn't pretty, but we made it. :slightly_smiling_face:

10 Likes

while I know we may rest players next week, I'd rather not.

I want to go into playoffs on a high note, after a big win.

Play Evans (if we can). Let's make sure we have a clear starting QB going into playoffs. No divided team, no question as to who will start.

Now if he can't play, and is injured, then sure, play Shiltz. But if Evans can play, play him!

4 Likes

And that is where it will end. 1 and out.

2 Likes

when was the last time we lost to Montreal in the playoffs? Must be many years ago.

Not that it means we will win. But we play Montreal very well in the playoffs.

2 Likes

I think they Rest Evans at least ...
a nice story getting 3rd cause I though they where toast ..

5 Likes

if they do, and Shiltz wins, I can just imagine the divided fanbase as to who should start.

I want to see Dane start, Dane win, and Dane go into Montreal as the clear starter.

4 Likes

so I checked.

We haven’t lost to Montreal since they folded. So really we have never lost to “this” Montreal team in the playoffs … ever. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Anything can happen in the playoffs. Glad to see Hamilton surge this year to make it and hoping to see them silence Montreal in the playoffs.

9 Likes

Wow… Who thought this would have happened after the Labour Day game?

5 Likes

:rofl:

7 Likes

lol

Not cool… karma anyone?

3 Likes

Coming from a guy who barely played this season. But his point is valid.

I wouldn’t be saying anything even remotely close to that when our team is next up to host…

4 Likes

We lost to Montreal in the 1996 semi- final at the Big Owe. Strangely enough our qb at the time was Anthony Calvillo.

1 Like

I think he’s allowed this chirp after this season’s Marino shenanigans and Rider fans Simoni what aboutisms.

9 Likes

The irony…

2 Likes

The Riders should clean house. If your team fails to make the playoffs in the year you host the Cup, the year has been a colossal failure.

I thought that Jason Shivers was a decent DC, but after watching both Calgary running backs carve up his D last night (in a must win game for the Riders), I think that even Shivers will be given a pink slip soon.

I think that the start of the downfall of Saskatchewan’s season this year can be traced back to the Garrett Marino hit on Masoli. Knowing that Marino used racial epithets toward Masoli, and that Marino has a track record of being a cheap shot artist, Craig Dickinson should have cut Marino immediately. But instead, for unknown reasons, Dickinson waited a week to do so. Consequently, I think his whole team lost respect for him/didn’t play as hard for him as they could have the rest of the way. Issues in the locker room…they can slowly kill a team.

7 Likes

Great point about not making the playoffs when you're hosting! That's the year you break the bank and agreed on Marino as a cancer in the locker room.

For the Cats we need:

1. Condel to be at his best - like in that play off game in Ottawa when Sinkfield was magic,

2. The Great Dane to show up (I think that's a toss up);

3. No brain cramps on special teams; and,

4. The D to keep playing lights out (Will Wynn be back?).

2 Likes

I think the other way.
Rest anybody who’d, otherwise, be playing injured, play all dressed QBs, and get a look at a few players, considered to have strong potential, who haven’t had any, or much, playing time to show it.
Unlike a pre-season game, the TiCats will be up against a team, in this game, that’ll be serious about winning it … a better test for our inexperienced.
The unfortunate result of this weekend’s exciting games is finishing up the regular season with 4 “nothing games.” I expect WPG and TOR to be the more likely of the playoff teams, to field their starters and play to win, considering they’ll have over 2 weeks before they play again.
The only thing, likely to occur, in those 4 games which might affect a team’s readiness for the playoffs will be injuries.

3 Likes