Welcome back to the Canadian Warplane Heritage flyover

I'm sooo happy my two favourite organizations in Hamilton recognize the importance to people in this area of these fly-overs to so many. (including our beloved veterans)

I also understand Coach Cortez recently visited this world-class museum.

From the ticats.ca webite homepage:

"Fans are encouraged to be in their seats prior to kickoff to see flyovers by the B-25 Mitchell, the Fairley Firefly Mk.6 and the Avro Lancaster courtesy of the Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum."

Good stuff Ticats and CWH ! :smiley:

Please visit http://www.warplane.com/

Love those WWII bombers, but I'd still rather see and feel those afterburners of the CF-18s.

Maybe we will get a CF-18 flypast too. The reason why we have the CWH flypast on Monday is the Toronto Air Show is going on and there will be aircraft in the air. :thup:

lol.....great minds think alike !!! Although there is probably only a 1% chance of succeeding, and it's incredibly naive of me, I just e-mailed the Public Relations Officer of the Canadian Forces CF-18 Demonstration Team who I hung out with quite a bit at the Hamilton Airshow on media day, 2 days before the airshow . My e-mail involved a healthy amount of grovelling and begging.........the good news is that she is a self-described CFL fanatic.......who knows, stranger things have happened :wink:

I hope the Cats aren't paying to have these planes fly over, they do absolutely nothing for me or most of the people in the crowd. If they want to pump us up before the games have the jets fly over that will get everyone going.

ps......of course, if she decided to entertain the last minute idea, I know she will have to contact the Tiger-Cats and the NAV Canada Flight Controllers at the Hamilton Airport .......but, hey, it's worth a shot !......I too love the "Zoomies" (CF-18s)........lol

(in my e-mail, I did include the "last year of Ivor Wynne" angle among other shameless guilt trip tactics such as being only 5 minutes away due to the C.N.E. airshow, great PR for the CFL audience........ etc)........LOL ! :lol: :lol:

Kevin Eiben said,

“The best thing is when we have those jets flying overhead, your blood is boiling and you just want to go out there and have some fun and win a football game.?
[url=http://www.ticats.ca/article/mondays-contest-no-ordinary-labour-day]http://www.ticats.ca/article/mondays-co ... labour-day[/url]

Well, let’s hope we can arrange that through the “back-door/desperation” method (although a serious long-shot)…if not, the Warplanes from the CWH will be awesome too !!..especially the beloved Lancaster :rockin:

The CF-18 and CC-130 demo (it is a combined in-flight refueling demo) are flying at both the CNE and Cleveland air shows this weekend, so I am not optimistic we will see them. But lets keep our fingers crossed anyway!

Nevertheless, it will be great to see the 3 CWHM aircraft, which happen to be their 3 noisiest ones! Thanks to all involved for arranging this.

Oskee Wee Wee and Per Ardua Ad Astra!

:thup: :rockin:

Great! it's a good thing that Isaac was cancelled or there may not have been any flypasts

I'm absolutely thrilled to hear that the flyover will be happening. I don't know if you had anything to do with it Deerhunter, but if you did, Bravo!

I disagree with the earlier post about "most people" not appreciating the heritage planes. That may be true in your section, but not where I sit - lot of CWH fans complaining about the lack of planes this year.

Spencer...

I'm absolutely thrilled to hear that the flyover will be happening. I don't know if you had anything to do with it Deerhunter, but if you did, Bravo!
Well, let's just say I may have helped two great friends of mine re-discover the great friendship between them........they are both awesome organizations and I'm proud to call them both friends...........and make no mistake, they are both classy organizations totally laced with quality, caring human beings.........I'm proud to be able to call them both my friends.

Enjoy the show as they fly overhead and, as you look up, players, coaches and fans alike, always remember the veterans who survived the horrors and those who, in fact, lost their lives in providing us with this great society of ours in Canada/North America …it is soooooooo important !!

Go Cats !! 8)

I really envy the people of Hamilton who often get to see the Lancaster fly overhead. Living in Ottawa, we have a number of ceremonies every year involving fly pasts by CF-188s or the Snowbirds. This month, it's the Battle of Britain Parade, and there will be numerous aircraft flying past, including a couple of Hornets, an Aurora, a Challenger, maybe even a Globemaster. Very impressive, but what I look forward to most is the vintage aircraft: a Spitfire, some Hurricanes, a Mustang, and best of all, the Lancaster. Maybe some people prefer the roar of jets overhead, but to some of us there's nothing that compares to the growl of the old planes.

Thank you to CWH for providing this great treasure for us every year.

And well done, DH, for helping get the fly pasts at the games going again. Wish I could be there to see it.

Great post Catsfan........ok, as a special treat, i just made one of my Facebook albums "public"

Two days before the Hamilton Airshow, they have a "media day" where us media types get to go up and fly on a cool plane all over Hamilton, Niagara etc............this particular day, Thursday June 14, my Birthday actually (lol), we went up in a 1930's DC-3 for a spin....only about 12 of us would fit in there.............you'll see the Tiger-Cats stadium announcer with us.......man, it was a thrill to see the Hammer from up there..........enjoy !

Click the link.......

[url=http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151936292105274.882994.810940273&type=3]http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 273&type=3[/url]

Thanks, deerhunter, for whatever you did to get the CF-18 to flyover. Looks like they used the two-seat back-up Hornet.

In the middle of the second quarter, did anyone notice the CF-18 and Hercules tanker flying over IWS at about 25,000 feet heading southbound? The Herc was actually refueling the Hornet in-flight as they flew from the CNE Airshow to perform at the Cleveland Air Show.

The F-18 part of the day?......President Scott Mitchell et al arranged all that because there is an official procedure for all fly-overs with City Hall, the Mayor and everyone else involved......Awesome job Ticats !

And you are correct, one Hornet (with the painted snowflakes) went back and forth between Toronto (CNE) and Cleveland (Air Show)......actually re-fueling over Lake Ontario....the Hornet (#2) that did the Ticats game today is the back-up they always bring.
Hornet # 1 was almost grounded during the Hamilton Air Show in June when it sucked in a big bird during a performance on the Saturday but checked out ok.

Anyone have pics of the 3 planes from the Warplane Heritage fly-over at the stadium itself ??......their Facebook Admin is asking people to send in their pics

Click here:

[url=http://www.facebook.com/pages/Canadian-Warplane-Heritage-Museum/357014811279]http://www.facebook.com/pages/Canadian- ... 7014811279[/url]

Ditto here - thanks again Deerhunter!!! The CWH planes were awesome (and the CF-18 was great too!).

Spencer...

TSN showed them during their telecast. They might be willing to allow CWH to use that footage.