Weird Feeling

Obviously, I'm fully aware of where the team stands and what they've accomplished. But it was brought home this morning when I was reading a newspaper article about one of the team's not making the playoffs.

There was a comment in the article about players filling garbage bags with their belongings from their lockers and stuff. I have never read one of those articles with "my" team still playing football. Usually those articles are ABOUT my team while everyone else is getting worked up for the Cup run. Nobody really ever saw their season come to an end before Ottawa's did.

Been a fan for almost 30 years and this is the first I view those from this perspective. Pretty wild. If the ride is short I want to try to avoid being disappointed or angry. This is as good as most of us following the sports in this city has ever had it. :thup:

That's like the Leafs playing golf in Early April while the Sens cant play till Mid June :lol:

I've been an Ottawa fan since I was a kid in the 1960's with Russ Jackson and all, and you don't know how much it hurt to see your once great team go throught the wringer in the 80's and 90's and then fold. It was like a death in the family. I'm hoping the RedBlacks meet the Eskimos and settle accounts from the 1981 Grey Cup game. I would truly enjoy that.

I know EXACTLY how you feel. My father was a long time RR fan and season ticket holder since the late 50's when they used to park on the Southside and turn their car lights on a dusk. When they built Southside, he bought season tickets and never left. My brother and I had been tagging along albeit in the old west end zone for most of the 70's. :wink: Then we got our tickets in the early 80's until the team folded. And NOW we're back!!!

And we're hosting an Eastern Final :slight_smile:
Only issue is this feeling is very new, the last time I felt this way I was in my 20's not my 50's, had no kids, did have hair, could read without glasses and .......................f%@k ............. I forget the last thing. :cowboy:

Oh yeah .............. I could remember things!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I worked it out once, my win-loss record as a fan is now 80-190 for a rather unhealthy winning percentage of .296 or 5.3 wins a year.

Thanks to the 2015 Redblacks for giving that a bump! :thup:

If someone would've told me at the time that we would never see the Riders in the GC game again, I would've said " Are you nuts ? " The fans were aslways there though. The last Rider game vs. Hamilton, I attended in 1996, there were more tha n 25, 000 fans in the stadium.