Weird Attendance

Edmonton vs Winnipeg outdraws Calgary vs Hamilton by nearly 4,000 people.

That's really weird.

The two worst teams outdraw two playoff bound teams.

Saskatchean taking the attendance title this year its looking like. Another draw of over 35,000 in Regina, that's impressive. Even Edmonton drawing like it has with its horrible team is pretty impressive as well. Just disappointing in Calgary a bit.

I'm not shocked by the stamps low numbers. It's not November yet lol :stuck_out_tongue:
But srsly I was watching that game in the lounge at East Side Marios, cheering for the ticats and there was a group of guys across from me who were completely silent, all of a sudden it's 26-22 CGY and they became the loudest Stamps fans you've ever heard. I live in Alberta too!

Guess you didn't see the fans at Mosaic yesterday, looked more like a funeral than a football game. At the end of the game you could have shot a cannon into the stands and not hit so much as a gopher. :cowboy:

BS

about 10% had left with a minute left.

And how many of the few stamps fans left mcmahon when it was 22-10???

Hey, it's all great attendance in the West, how can anyone complain? Wouldn't it be great if fans in the 3 Eastern cities were complaining about a 29 or 30k crowd.

Not according to TSN, on their recap they stated that the final Saskatchewan drive was in front of an empty stadium and that all the people in the parking lot must have wished they had stuck around.

Not that it matters but as the saying goes, "people in glass houses shouldn't do the housework in the nude". If you going to criticize Calgary fans better make sure that your fans weren't as bad or worse.

uote="3downhound"]

Not according to TSN, on their recap they stated that the final Saskatchewan drive was in front of an empty stadium and that all the people in the parking lot must have wished they had stuck around.

Not that it matters but as the saying goes, "people in glass houses shouldn't do the housework in the nude". If you going to criticize Calgary fans better make sure that your fans weren't as bad or worse.
[/quote]
Well your point of glass houses sort of collapses on itself as the original point was that not many stamps fans SHOW up to the game. How many leave is a different point. And your evidence is Gord Miller and Matt Dunigan and you expect them to not exaggerate when 10% leaves you're not very credible

I don't care what TSN said...I was there. Some started leaving with about 330 left...fairly normal in any game there. More when the Argos got the ball to about the 40. 85-90% of the stadium was still there for the Rider TD.

And I personally have never criticized the Stampeder attendance, other than perhaps saying their numbers have been stronger at times in the past, which is a bit of a stumper for the superb team they presently have.

:thup: and if you read my critisism of the stamps fans it was written with a :P meaning a joke and I referenced my experience at a local louge in central Alberta

Guess I just don’t understand leaving with 3:30 left. I have had seasons tickets in 4 different stadiums (Taylor Field, Clarke Stadium, Commonwealth Stadium and McMahon Stadium) and can honestly say that I have never left prior to the final gun.

The original poster suggested that Stamps fans were quiet when behind but loud when they got ahead. If the faces on the Rider fans after Toronto took the lead were any indication, there wasn’t much joy in Mosaic. In other words it is natural for fans to be quiet when things aren’t going well and loud when they are and that is not confined to the lounge at East side Marios.

Sorry my last post was prior to your explanation. No offence taken, I am just engaging in friendly back and forth banter. Hats off to all fans but don't expect me not to take the odd poke.

All good! But there's a difference between being a fan at a game and getting quiet when your team starts losing and a group of guys at a lounge wearing UFC tshirts who I didn't even know were football fans let alone stamps fans nor was it even obvious that they were watching the game until the final minute with the score 26-22 then they suddenly became fans. I'm not saying all stamps fans are like that but in my town 90% of them are. 90% of Rider fans make it know from start to finish here any ways. I can only go off of my experiences here.

Maybe in light of some of the comments here, you should amend that to read, "start to 11:30 of the 4th quarter". :cowboy: :lol: :twisted: (Wish they had a beer smilie)

These stupid threads show up after EVERY Calgary game! :roll:

In the east it's Toronto ...
In the west it Calgary ...

OMG ... Calgary has terrible attendance ...
OMG ... Calgary has the worst stadium in the league ...
OMG ... Calgary fans are "fairweather fans" :roll:

These threads are just silly! I'm gonna see if we got a "troll" starting these after every game or what?

For what it's worth, I was unable to use my seasons tickets for this game, BUT I was able to give them to my English friend (the guy that I took to his first game against Saskatchewan) and he had a blast at the game again! If we didn't have him hooked after the Calgary vs Sask game, he's definately hooked now! :rockin: One more CFL Fan! :rockin:

:cowboy:

It does look like Stamps attendance is down this year, from what I've read on private Stamps board, a lot has to do with the Flames ownership jacking up the ticket prices every year since they took over. I don't live in Calgary, but I know I can't afford to go to one or two games a year like I used to. Of course that's just part of the reason, lots of people would rather stay home and watch the game on their 60" HD flatscreen TV (I think that may be a factor in many CFL markets, especially those in S. Ont.).

Who wants to pee their pants? Who wants to spend money on an event and then miss half of it. My friend, went to the Heritage Classic and never even seen the game. He spent the entire game in the line up for the washroom. His son actually peed his pants.
McMahon is a gd joke

Anwar Stewart peed his pants in the GC game no less... I think that was in 2009... :wink:

I imagine Calgary is still in rebuilding mode from the flood. Not many people can afford to go to a game when they lost their houses and vehicles.

[quote="MrLucky"]These stupid threads show up after EVERY Calgary game! :roll:

In the east it's Toronto ...
In the west it Calgary ...

OMG ... Calgary has terrible attendance ...
OMG ... Calgary has the worst stadium in the league ...
OMG ... Calgary fans are "fairweather fans" :roll:

These threads are just silly! I'm gonna see if we got a "troll" starting these after every game or what?

For what it's worth, I was unable to use my seasons tickets for this game, BUT I was able to give them to my English friend (the guy that I took to his first game against Saskatchewan) and he had a blast at the game again! If we didn't have him hooked after the Calgary vs Sask game, he's definately hooked now! :rockin: One more CFL Fan! :rockin:

I agree,concern should be in the east, where 25 k would be considered a 'GREAT ' crowd. While the 5 West teams , 25 k is considered brutal. The west is fine!