Weekly Predictor: Confidence in the Tiger-Cats

Well, the Winnipeg Blue Bombers made a clear statement last week. Pick against them at your own peril. They won’t go 18-0, it just won’t happen. Although, now that I’ve put that in print I fully anticipate the first-ever perfect season in the CFL.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.cfl.ca/2022/07/12/weekly-predictor-confidence-in-the-tiger-cats/

My picks:
Bombers- will not loose at home, fairly healthy.
TO- Riders are banged up, Argos are rested.
Hamilton- because they are playing against Ottawa
Mtl- Because they are playing the Elks

"Confidence in the Tiger-Cats"

Now there's something I haven't heard said in a while. Must be playing a winless team without their star QB.

1 Like

Maciocia sees a defence that is uninspired. This is the same defence that is ranked tops in avg. pass yds allowed per game (7.5) and ranked second in fewest passing yds allowed per game (255.8). Also he sees and undisciplined team. The least penalized team, when Maciocia took over, was BC with 19 penalties. Sask had 51. Mtl was in the middle with 29. This is just fishing for reasons to justify his urge to coach again in the CFL. No team, incidentally, wanted to hire him as a coach. That tells you something.

1 Like

[quote="Ron1, post:4, topic:79264"]
...wed per game (7.5) and ranked second in fewest passing yds allowed per game (255.8). Also he sees and undisciplined team. The least penalized team, when Maciocia took over, was BC with 19 penalties. Sask had 51. Mtl was in the middle with 29. This is just fishing for reasons to justify his urge to coach again in the CFL. No team, incidentally, wanted to hire him as a coach. That tells you something.
[/quote]I have the image forever etched in my mind of Macocia standing on the sidelines. in 2006 with a cold blank look on his face. as Milt Stegall raced down the sidelines for
a hundred yard game winning touchdown at Commonwealth.

Last week 2-1. YTD 13-6

History Lesson week

Like Nelson did to Bonaparte,
The coaching staff was torn apart.
I think this week Jones can outcoach ya.
If your new man is Dan Maciocia.

Marc Anthony told Julius Caesar,
That Cleopatra's - hard to please her.
She's bet her fortune on Big Blue.
But Stamps will win I say, et tu?

McBeth can make a person "Lear"y.
The Argo losses make me weary.
Team "Shakespeare" should be easy pickin's.
When coming up against Team "Dickens".

Said Sisyphus to Hercules,
Help me with this rock, sir, please.
A far too monumental task
Of LaPo & his squad to ask.

1 Like

Mtl
Wpg
Ssk
Ham

"5-0 vs. 4-0 in easily the game of the week as we’ll be down to one unbeaten team by the end of the weekend."

Perhaps our first tie of the year and both teams remain undefeated? lol

Montreal
Winnipeg
Saskatchewan
Hamilton

And on the other end of the scale we could have a tie between the Cats and the RB's thus still having two winless teams on the season . :scream_cat:

1 Like

Stamps shock everyone outside of Calgary

To Kelly helen:

Winnipeg may not LOSE at home - they may be loose but they will probably not lose. Someone needs night courses and it ain't me.

In my humble opinion I would start Matt Shiltz over Dane Evans in their Week 6 matchup- "The Toilet Bowl" :sweat_smile: :rofl: :joy:

P.S I believe Dane Evans will be released outright prior to the end of 2022 Regular season :exclamation:

I agree. The CFL's turnover king has never consistently shown that he had the making of a starter. Hamilton made a huge blunder that they are currently paying the price for.

1 Like