Weekly Predictor: All in on the Alouettes

CFL Pick ‘Em presented by TotalEnergies is back for 2021, allowing fans to pick a winner and set their confidence level in every game this season. It’s free to play, and with weekly winners and a season-long prize of your name etched on the Grey Cup Fan Base and $1,000 in cash, there’s nothing to lose. *View rules regarding streaks and prizing.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.cfl.ca/2021/09/15/weekly-predictor-alouettes-2/

I would not be a bit surprised that in Week 7 both the Lions and Elks upset their opponents who are both favored by 4 points. I did take the Als and the Bombers however ! :rofl: :sunglasses: :astonished:

2 Likes

Although I am a staunch Lions fan, I also took Als, and Bombers. My foggy old brain tells me the Lions do not have a RB who can run between the Tackles. Nor do they have an offensive line that can consistantly hold off the blitz or open holes if they do try to run. As well, the jury is still out on the Defensive line. Vernon Adams is young and fast. Just depends where his head is.

1 Like

Perhaps they should have signed Jon White after all ? Thanks for sharing your keen insight. The Lions always abandoned the run to early, just like my hometown Argos. Just look at the difference a James Wilder Jr. or William Stanback have on opposition Defenses ! :canada: :football:

1 Like

Have to admit I’m also a staunch Lions fan and although they seem to have a lot going for them I’m biting my nails at the moment about tonight’s game.

1 Like

Not sure if you saw the Argo/Sask game last night but the importance of having a power back was self evident with Powell. This holds true for the Bombers and A Harris Look where they are in the standings. Andrew Harris used to play for BC. He left for Winnipeg..........I believe not because of money but The offensive line was very small they couldn't open a hole for him to run through. You could see his frustration everytime he got stopped behind the line.

1 Like

From what I remember at the time he want to play for Winnipeg being his home town. Well we have a much better offensive line today so that’s a big plus over Harris’s time with us.

1 Like