Week Three Predictions

Despite the loss, I DID see some good improvement. Good ball movement, stingy defence (until the 4th), quick-hitters and multiple players running the ball, half-decent ST.

There are the obvious things to correct (turnovers, QB sneaks, taking their foot off hte pedal), and they MUST be addressed if they have any hope of winning the game

1 Like

Until proven otherwise I will pick Ticats to win at home and lose on the road. Not admitting to the home loss yet as I am still in denial.

2 Likes

Here are my picks for Week 3. Riders-Bombers-Stamps-Lions

Steven Richardson DL (the stove) is no longer with the Peg . He's on the 6 game with the Lions . He was a disruptor on the Bomber D . I'm curious to see if the Cats can exploit his replacement . He reminded me of Curly Culp of the Chiefs , short , thick , and quick .
I think the Cats can win in a close game . The score could be 3 - 2 with the Peg missing a field goal with too many men . :slightly_smiling_face:

Pat Lynch (Lightening strikes twice in the same week)

1 Like

The forecast shows lightening is a good possibility through an evening of thunderstorms, in the 'peg, tomorrow.

Darby is calling for a TiCat win
I agree

2 Likes

I selected the Hamilton vs Winnipeg game as a tie on my ticket. Nothing tells me either team is demonstrating dominance so far, all will get better throughout the season.
Our football operations ordered a thunderstorm :cloud_with_lightning_and_rain: as we are lead to believe Cats don't like water or loud noises although we also understand it's easy to distract Cats with fast moving lights, so the Bombers will be handing out Lazer lights to the first 10 thousand fans. We will do anything (for love) or a slim victory.

Go Blue Go!

2 Likes

I was thinking more Tampa Bay Lightening and the too many men for the Avs .

1 Like

That sounds more like a soccer game than a football game . :laughing:

the old person

2 Likes

Too bad for you that actual tigers LOVE to swim. One of the few animals (besides ourselves and Labrador Retrievers) that do it simply for enjoyment.

1 Like

I think itā€™ll be close. I like a close game that keeps me on the edge of my seat. But you know the drillā€¦ ANY team trailing us going into the 4th is toast. To win this game the 'Cats need the lead going into the 4th and they need to protect Dane Evans. Invoking the rarely used ā€˜5 Steamboats Ruleā€™ might help.

Ummā€¦ sorry Ace wrong forum again. Easy to do with a header called ā€˜week 3 predictionsā€™, but the forum everyoneā€™s using is C.F.L./GCC week 3 - CFL Talk - CFL Forums. Just click on this link & get your picks in before game time!

2 Likes

You said a mouthful there PorkPine! I have no comeback for this post. No one does. I should switch allegiance to the Tigercats right now.

Nice of you to keep trying to help Aceguy. Maybe we should just have him put down.

2 Likes

You see, this thread exists in the Tiger-Cats section of the message board. Why can't people honour that?

Nope. Itā€™s in the General area (I guess thatā€™s what itā€™s called). The same thing happened last year.

Trust me on this one . The Cats leading heading into the 4th is about as certain a guarantee as you can get that the other team will win the game . Iā€™m sorry to say but leading a game heading into the 4th and actually winning the game is NOT I repeat NOT our forte or in our DNA .

Good teams (Winnipeg , Calgary ) will always find a way to win even if they are outplayed . A bad team will always find a way to lose and then make excuses for it later . Sadly the Cats are in this category as the record books have now shown that they are a repeat offender times four of blowing double digit sure shot victories since halfway thru last season .

To be honest we could be winning this game by 30 pts heading into the 4th and still somehow find a way to F-it up and once again gift wrap it with a nice bow and hand it over to the Bombers . Much like we did last year in back to back home games versus Montreal and Toronto and then the Grey Cup as well as last weeks debacle with the Stamps .

3 Likes

Well the win would be awfully nice of you guys since itā€™s the Grey Cup Rematch game weā€™ve all been waiting for since last Decemberā€¦ but the gift wrap and bow is completely unnecessary. Itā€™s the thought that counts.

Thanks Bobo! (I still think the 'Cats have a chance).

Incorrect.

I authored this thread on the TIGER-CATS message board. I ONLY access the Tiger-Cats message board, unless I need to see something on the main board (extremely rare). As a matter of fact, looking at the ā€œLatestā€ posts, it quite clearly says, underneath the thread title, ā€œHamilton Tiger-Catsā€ with a gold square, indicating that itā€™s in THIS TEAMā€™S sub-forum.

And yet there it isā€¦

1 Like

Didnā€™t I say that it was there, but you can clearly see UNDER THE FRICKINā€™ TITLE OF THE THREAD that itā€™s in OUR sub-forum. Same with the ā€œBurn the Witchesā€ thread. Same with the thread in the Alouettes sub-forum.

1 Like