Week One picks

The season is upon us. Here are my week 1 picks.

Saskatchewan at Montreal

Expect a low-scoring tilt as both offenses struggle mightily - Sask thanks to a suspect O-line, and immobile Glen vs. a primed Als defense, Montreal thanks to an awful O-line and a somewhat improved front-4 for the Riders. Montreal wins in large part due to a couple big returns on kicks and punts.

Montreal 21 Saskatchewan 13

Calgary at Ottawa

High-scoring affair with Calgary pulling away in the final quarter. Mitchell will experience a few more difficulties this year as all the losses along the O-line the past few seasons will finally take their toll. Harris will have fewer weapons that he and Burris enjoyed last year and that will show as the season progresses.

Calgary 40 Ottawa 28

Edmonton at BC

The greatest show on turf moves from St. Louis to BC. While Edmonton has a decent D-line and an excellent linebacking crew their secondary is awful. BC has one of the best QBs and the best receiving crew but their line is average at best. Expect 3-4 sacks and a couple of interceptions of Jennings but a whole mess of TDs. Par for the course for most of the year I suspect. Reilly and the Edmonton O will not be able to keep up

BC 45 Edmonton 27

Hamilton at Toronto

Optimism is in the air in Toronto with the late off-season hirings of Trestman and Popp. That will not dissuade nagging doubts over the depth of Toronto's roster, particularly Canadian content and the nagging health of Ricky Ray. Hamilton seems to have taken a step back from a few years ago with regards to overall talent. But their defense, particularly that front-7 will give Ricky fits all game. Collaros and the offense should do enough to get the job done.

Hamilton 28 Toronto 18

The Last Word

Als
Redblacks
Lions
Argos :smiley:

Montreal
Calgary
BC
Hamilton

Montreal
Calgary
BC
Hamilton

Richard

Saskatchewan at Montreal
Calgary at Ottawa
Edmonton at BC
Hamilton at Toronto

Montreal
Ottawa
BC
Hamilton

Saskatchewan
Calgary
BC
Hamilton

Montreal
Calgary
BC
Hamilton

Saskatchewan @ Montreal…Alouettes by 16
Calgary @ Ottawa…Stamps by 13
Edmonton @ B.C.…Lions by 17
Hamilton @ Toronto…Cats by 10

MTL
CGY
BC
HAM

Agreeance

No one even close!! everyone picked BC, almost everyone picked Ticats but one person the Argos, no one predicted a RB/Stamps tie :oops:

Only 1 for 4 when factoring in that tie for Calgary vs Ottawa. BC was probably my biggest disappointment of week 1. Also should have factored in the Ticat injuries as their defense was clearly overmatched.

Only 1 for 4 when factoring in that tie for Calgary vs Ottawa. BC was probably my biggest disappointment of week 1. Also should have factored in the Ticat injuries as their defense was clearly overmatched.