Week 9 Unofficial Power Rankings

1. Winnipeg

Running out of things to put here.

2. Saskatchewan

Road loss to a rival where it was obvious Fajardo wasn't his best. The issue is nobody else really jumped up to take this spot away from them.

3. BC

I think? They have the weapons and it's hard to fault them for losing to Winnipeg.

4. Toronto

Bye week but clearly a middle of the pack team, that's where they belong. Extra credit for having a win against Winnipeg

5. Hamilton

Speaking of middle of the pack, inconsistent, mediocre, whatever word you want to use. Still won 4 of 6 and lost by 1 and 3, but those were the games we won in 2019. They stay above Montreal for now because if you play the last 10 minutes of that game 100 times Montreal probably wins twice.

6. Montreal

Big win and a wild finish. The win basically saved their season in the East. And now a back to back with Ottawa.

7. Calgary

Statement win gets them back in the playoff/crossover discussion. Can they do it again?

8. Ottawa

I'm doing this out of peer pressure cause I know what will happen if I leave them last. I don't believe for a second that they're not the worst team in the league. But they beat the team below them twice now and share the same record. So I guess logic dictates...

9. Edmonton

Edmonton isn't very good. Lose to Ottawa and to the basement you go. I had some hopes for Tyler Cornelius but I was wrong.

4 Likes

The only asterix you can put under Winnipeg's number one ranking is, "As long as Collaros is healthy." :grin:

1 Like

I notice from several posts you've made you're really worried about that and rightly so.

2 Likes

For some reason I hate the idea of Calgary being a cross-over team.

1 Like

Why? Watford handled them no problem.

1 Like

I'd put HAM sixth and not just because of the loss. If week 1 things are still week 9 things ....

1 Like

Lose to TO at home and 6th may be a stretch.

1 Like

Two Alberta teams and four Eastern teams may be fighting for the three Eastern playoff spots. Or if you think EDM and OTT are hopeless, it's CAL and the other three Eastern teams fighting for the three spots.

If Ottawa can make a run for it; they may crossover to west - leaving All teams west of Saskatchewan out in the cold!

1 Like

I'M impressed, in order to crossover, Ottawa would need to win minimum 3 games, they do play Al's 3 times, Toronto twice. I suspect if you win 3 or more games you would remain in the East

5 feels too high for us; I feel like you could make a case for 6 or 7.

If Calgary sticks with BLM, they're out of the playoffs, unless his play improves dramatically, which it might considering their last win.

Mtl could be a great team if VAJ wasn't so wildly inconsistent. Of course, I haven't liked him since he took off his helmet & swung it at Simoni a couple of years ago, so I could be biased. :smiley:

When did he do that? He did it to bighill, but when did he do that to Simoni?

1 Like

It could have been Bighill instead. My memory isn't what it used to be.

My bad, it was Bighill

1 Like

i thought he did it twice - rage level increased.

Big difference between taking off your own helmet and swinging it, versus ripping off your opponent’s helmet and swinging it at him.

As long as you don’t use your fist, I guess.

??? Not sure what you imply

Throwing a punch into a guy's shoulder pads will get you ejected on the spot. Ripping his helmet off his head by the facemask (and even swinging it at him afterwards) may get you a 15-yard penalty. Kind of disproportionate, I think.

Who punched shoulder pads?
Who was ripping off a helmet and swinging it at who?

You need to read the posts in a thread if you hope to follow a discussion.

(The "punch" comment was hypothetical. I picked shoulder pads but it could be anywhere. Point is that it's hard to do much damage with a fist against a football player.)

1 Like

I did read all the posts, the topic is power rankings.
The subject change when Count_Floyd1 said

Mtl could be a great team if VAJ wasn't so wildly inconsistent. Of course, I haven't liked him since he took off his helmet & swung it at Simoni a couple of years ago, so I could be biased. :smiley:

Cash then interjected

When did he do that? He did it to bighill, but when did he do that to Simoni?

I was confused about the punch.

Sorry my bad , all is good