WEEK 8 Injury Report

When it comes to Hamilton it’s both…at the same time . :grinning:

2 Likes

Both eh? Dang. It must be tough to be sitting-challenged. I’ve heard that a butt brace can prevent further injury… as long a crack doesn’t appear down the middle. :grimacing:

So how’s Covid treating you today Bobo?

Well besides being in solitary confinement in my b-room and having a plugged up nose I’m honestly not feeling too bad at the moment . Luckily there is a full bathroom on the 2nd floor and a convenient landing between the upstairs and downstairs where I can fetch my food when I’m lucky enough to have somebody bring me some . The worst day was the Friday after the game . Cold chills , sweats, shakes , stiffness , stuffiness , dry cough etc etc .

My son’s girlfriend’s mother also was in town for the game and stayed an extra day and also tested positive on Sunday .

So here is hoping that these illness reports on the IR don’t have anything to do with the Rona as well considering we were all in the same city and building last Thursday night . :mask: :mask: :face_with_thermometer:

3 Likes

My Covid lasted a few days but then I noticed some dizziness and things tasting kinda different for a while. Hopefully yours is no worse. Keep us posted Bobo. Get better soon. :smiley:

5 Likes

That depends for who. :wink:

2 Likes

Ahh, I hadn’t thought about that (for good reason). Maybe the older flabbier players have lower buttage. :laughing:

Then there are the players that are butt-heads like that knee twisting goon in Riderville.

So a ‘Butt Hurt’ in Marino’s case would involve concussion protocol. I’m glad we cleared that up. :smiley:

2 Likes

Looking at the injury report and knowing a player on the 6 game is eligible to practice after the 5th game, I think there are a few near certainties:

Durant and Brooks will both be on the roster. They’ve both been full go at practice since the first practice after their 5th games. It appears there have been no issues or setbacks so safe to assume now that they’ve missed 6 they’re 100% go.

Saxelid will not be on the roster Thursday. His practice eligibility just began this week and he’s been limited both days. At this point I would expect he’s just trying to get ready for next week after his 6th game.

Less certain, but I’d lean to less than 50/50 we see Simoni tomorrow. My gut says he’s not ready, but they pulled him off the 6 game because they’re certain he’ll be back before then. Pulling him off now let’s him start doing a little work in practice as he builds back to game ready.

I’m very concerned with the 3 “illness” absences yesterday…

5 Likes

Durant will be an immediate upgrade to our National receiving talent, and having Brooks in the secondary will only help.
I hope the team is being cautious with Simoni - maybe they are letting him gear-up for the next game along with Saxelid.

After hearing of Bobo’s covid experience in Vancouver , we should be concerned about Cat players and their health as well . If Durant (Cdn) replaces Butler(Amer) , then the Cats could play 2 American O tackles . That of course depends on Chris Van Z and his availability . Cariel Brooks would most likely replace Leonard as DB . If Simoni can go , then I would like to see Wilson move to MLB . IMO Santos Knox’s play has declined .

Injuries and replacements are the norm this year so far .

2 Likes

After 3 days of practising for Montreal, the club has confirmed, in the Injury Report, that Van Zeyl won't play and lists Woods as questionable because of illness.

And, Transactions - Football Player Trades and Signings - CFL.ca shows Durant activated and Newman back on as the 3rd QB, with Mulumba and Morton moved to the Practrice roster.

Kyle Wilson was lights out in B.C.

He could be the next big impact player at linebacker.

2 Likes

Doesnt santos knox lead the league in tackles

In Hamilton, linebacker Simoni Lawrence (groin) was back to practicing fully on Monday after being removed from the six-game injured list, but has been ruled out for gameday. Receiver Papi White (back/knee), offensive lineman Chris Van Zeyl (hip) have also be designated as out for Thursday.

Defensive backs Lawrence Woods III and Stavros Katsantonis have been listed as questionable ahead of the matchup with Montreal.

3 Likes

He currently leads the East in tackles with 36 and is 3rd in the league over-all behind a pair of Riders in Larry Dean(40) and Darnell Sankey (39) .

What bothers me is where he makes those tackles . The DTs plug the middle so that #45 can make the tackles up the middle and between the ends .
Maybe it's the D scheme that's the problem . Santos Knox seems to have difficulty shedding blocks until the running back is well down the field .

I think this will be Chris Van Zeyl's, last season. Poor guy can't stay healthy :frowning:

1 Like

Saxelid is listed as “out” - so we need to find someone who can play RT - and DON’T say Okafor…

I think Kelly got moved to RT and gibbon took his spot… we will find out today in the depth chart

1 Like