Week 5 TV: League Average at 813,250

Just wait until during and after , Labour Day.

Erm… No offence, but did you watch Sask’s last two games? You might wanna give their last two fourth quarters another gander. :stuck_out_tongue:

(Before cflisthebest or anyone else gets on my case, I never said Jyles would lead Edmonton to the Grey Cup.)

All that aside, these are great numbers! :smiley: And I’m happy to see the Toronto/Montreal game draw so many viewers. :thup:

The ultimate Grey Cup would be Hamilton vs Toronto, a rivalry going all the way back to the 2nd Grey Cup, but this would also mean the first time a team from the East crossed over AND the first time a crossover team made it to the Grey Cup. It would be just the thing to get CFL Football back in gear in Ontario.

B.C. Vs. Montreal wouldn't be bad. However , you may lose some people in , Ontario.
If it is TORONTO or Hamilton Vs. any Western team you might lose some people in Quebec.
Just don't have WINNIPEG , in it again [sorry Winnipeg fans].
SASK. Vs. Hamilton would be great [a rematch of 1989]. So would B.C. Vs. Toronto [the Braley bowl]
Edmonton Vs. Toronto would also be good.

Where do these numbers come from??? You haven’t provided a link. Must be unofficial?
According to BBM which do the ratings for all of the ratings for TV and radio in Canada the week of 22 July to 29 July hasn’t been published yet they are still adding up the numbers!!!

This was the last week of TV ratings, and CFL was not in the top 30. The top 30 on the list scored over 800,000

[url=http://bbm.ca/_documents/top_30_tv_programs_english/2012/nat07162012.pdf]http://bbm.ca/_documents/top_30_tv_prog ... 162012.pdf[/url]

It says very clearly at the bottom of the link that you provided that those rating are for :thup: ENGLISH SPEAKING CHANNELS , ONLY :thup: !!!
Millions of people in Canada watch FRENCH language T.V.
The ARGO game was played in MONTREAL and the last time that I checked Montreal , was in , QUEBEC.
RDS , is the French version of TSN and is NOT shown in the ENGLISH language T.V. ratings.

2 of the other CFL games were under 800,000 which explains why those games were not in the top 30 but they are very close to 800,000.

DO YOU HAVE A LINK TO THE MOST WATCHED SPORTS PROGRAMS IN CANADA???

Do you get that now?

Denial is an ugly thing. :lol:

These figures came from twitters of various subjects from I think TSN.
I do not guarantee precise numbers from what was posted.
There is no link.

We do have the article from the National post on JULY , 25th , 2012 , so following those trends the numbers should be very close to those. :thup:

The Montreal Alouettes from the east for sure would draw the highest TV Ratings. Star power QB and the RDS french ratings For the west I know that Winnipeg would have the lowest simply because of its small market. BC or the Riders would most likely be the biggest draw from the west. The Riders for their enormous freakish popularity and BC do to the size of the Vancouver market and Travis Lulay. I wonder if they will be able to get the US ratings for the games on NBCSN also. Even the ESPN3 webcast ratings

I am also sure that most CFL fans from across Canada would watch most CFL games.
Also , there are many Argo fans and Hamilton fans who watched the Hamilton @ Sask. and the Toronto @ Montreal games.
My wife a I watched all 4 CFL games.

TSN 2’s , repeat of the Hamilton @ SASK. game on Tuesday night was a CFL fan voted on , thing.
As strong as the SASK. fan base is , one could easily assume that it was the Hamilton fans who voted the most for that game to be shown again. I can’t see many SASK. fans wanting to see that loss again.

The reason why I challenge the numbers is that summer ratings are very low on television for any program.
People don’t watch TV until after Labour Day and it’s no different for CFL football.
Cohon in his address to the National Post on the 25th of July said that the ratings were up an average of 6%. That doesn’t mean a lot since the ratings were down substantially in 2011 compared to 2010. The playoff TV ratings and the labour day game numbers drive up the low summer numbers

As for the TV ratings for last week, they numbers are not out yet.

Just in case you may have missed this… In the COHON , article…

1. There was only " a small dip " in the 2011 / T.V. ratings.

2. Over all , the CFL’S / T.V. ratings have increased by , 3.2% :thup:

T.V. RATINGS for MALES ages : 18 to 34 , UP / 37%

ALL ADULTS  for ages :  18 to 34 ,    UP / 19% 

ADULTS  for ages  :  25 to 54  ,        UP  /  10% 

Those are no small ratings increases are they surpass any little ratings drop from 2011 , by far. :thup:

1. " THE LEAGUE SAYS IT IS HAPPIEST WITH THE GROWTH IT HAS SEEN IN T.V. AUDIENCES IN SOUTHERN , ONTARIO …HAS AVERAGED MORE THAN , 1 MILLION VIEWERS , IN THE FINAL 10 MINUTES OF SEVERAL GAMES , INCLUDING LAST WEDNESDAY’S GAME BETWEEN , TORONTO and WINNIPEG " :thup:

Now , do you still say that you don’t believe that it is possible that close to 1 million people watched the HAMILTON @ SASK. game and / or the TORONTO @ MONTREAL , game???

You can spin things all you want to but the FACTS do not lie. :smiley:

Have a nice day & CHEERS to you. :wink:

Mark Cohon was on tsn1050 today at 7:00 and he mentioned that the Toronto / Montreal game peaked at 1.2 million and the Hamilton / Sask game peaked at 1.4 million :thup:

HOLY BAT CRAP , BAT MAN… :lol:

Excellent and thank you :thup: :thup: :thup:

Mike Mike Mike (tsk tsk tsk), you claim to be a CFL fan, but you seem to try to trash anything positive about the league!!
Are you sure you are not a closet MLS fan and you are just jealous!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Those are incredible numbers for regular season games, especially in the middle of summer. :thup:

and post Labor Day games should be even more impressive.

The same television numbers that I posted this thread is in today's Toronto Sun page S26 with the small article heading "The Numbers Games".
Unfortunately there is no web link for me to post as I searched thoroughly on the Sun's website.
Regardless, some here who do not believe for some strange reason to them who cares.

I also think that all fans would watch the Cup no matter which team is in and it seams like thier is more interest in watching all games this seasonas opposed to just home team. Last years grey cup did dcrease in TV ratings from RDS by about 800,000 without the Als but TSN and the CFL got on top of that problem this season as RDS and RDS2 will be showing a regular schedule of games that do not include the Alouettes. Very smart and quick response. The CFL seems to be on top of everything over the Cohon era. It has simply been an amazing how much has been accomplished. The TV ratings had a slght dip also but they are up this season higher than ever to this point. I could see that the Labor day and post labor day games averaging over a million a game for the remainder of the season. Thats impressive!

I think that 99.9% of the all posters here are grateful that you take the time to post these numbers.
I know that I am. THANK YOU :thup:

:thup: You are welcome.