Week 5: Toronto @ Saskatchewan

Game Time: Saturday July 26th 10:00pm EST
Riders: 1-2
Argos:1-3

Last Meeting: Week 2 2014 Argos 48-Riders 15

Well after 2 embarrassing losses to what appears to be against 2 weaker teams (although BC may be turning it on here but it's the CFL so who knows) we find ourselves at the bottom of a very strong West Division. A game against an up and down team such as the Argos at home is a must win. With Edmonton and Calgary doing their thing and Winnipeg being 3-1. Games like this are a must win. While we can all hope and pray for a Bomber collapse, it might just not happen.

Anyways for this game my prediction is that our defense will be much more stout than the last meeting, I feel that this bye week may have helped us straighten some things out. I expect a mid range score and game similar to the Redblacks Argos game last week. I'll take the Riders 23-17 in a mistake filled game on both ends.

Predictions?

I will tell you mine after the game :wink:
Seriously I honestly don't know what to expect as any time I have made a prediction this year the Riders have totally done the opposite. That said if I go with the opposite of what I think then that would be the time they do exactly what I predicted so this team has my head scratching as I'm sure it has a lot of fans. I just hope the coaching staff and the players are not included in feeling this way.
My heart says the Riders have gotten things figured out and they are going to blow the Argos out of the water but my head says flip a coin. Will it be the riders team thats defense pummeled Hamilton or the one that has more holes in it then Swiss cheese? Will it be the same offense that moved the ball with fair consistency like they did against Hamilton, or the one that had so many two and outs that you didn't dare blink in fear you wouldn't notice they have even been on the field?
No question this is a very big game for the Riders and not so much for the Argos. The West is extremely tough and to fall further behind might make this a long season for us. The East is frankly just not good and I don't see the Argos having an issue securing a playoff spot. The Riders don't have that luxury. Either they get their act together and fast or this season will go down as a rebuilding year in a hurry.

I predict a blowout.
Toronto Argonauts 48 - Saskatchewan Roughriders 3

Lol I guess you havent changed I wish this turkey could be permanently banned from ever entering this forum again. IP ban may be a good start. Yes if he has a vpn he could keep popping in but keep banning those IP's also eventually he will run out of options. I just don't understand when theres other places like the sports networks to go and trash talk another team why you have to come here and do it? Totally uncool and a pretty slimy thing to do actually.
I suggest you grow up and conduct yourself in a way that isn't a troll fest.

No one believes the Argos are going to win by that score but I assume its just your way of trash talking our team. Fine you had your little jollies now run downstairs and tell mommy how funny you are.

it's sad to see that the riders couldn't hold the team together, like montreal, or other teams who play good year after year, it seems like the players couldn't get out of here fast enough, why it's like that here is anyones guess but I do have faith in cory chaimlin to correct it, although it might take some time.

Ahh, the b!tch is back. I'll take that BET. :wink:

We lost a few to the NFL which is certainly not a knock on the Riders, and we had to expect others would leave for more money and some to the expansion. Unfortunately that's what happens when your team is successful in the salary cap era.

You know, I do enjoy reading, but don't post a lot because of "contributors" like this who's only real goal is to annoy people and stir the pot. Failure to ban guys like this reminds people such as myself why I do not bother to post much, and promotes me to just go elsewhere. I saw their previous posts, which seem to have been deleted, and just assumed the user would be banned.

They just make another profile or spoof/change their IP :roll:

"RAID™!!!"

That is true but unless they really want to go and spend money just to be a troll then a few times being banned usually works. As I mention yes they can use a vpn and yes the IP changes but you keep banning all the IP's used and eventually they will run out of them. Most of these characters are looking for easy targets and to have to go to any amount of trouble or time just isn't worth it to them. Instead they just move on. Of course theres always the exception to the rule .

I sometimes wonder if home base was Saskatoon, it would attract and keep more players around? Just my opinion that S'toon is nicer than Regina, sorry if it offends anyone.

I never bet anything.
I was answering a question on "Predictions?".
I answered it. Point blank. Clean and simple.
shrug

First of all, I was banned. For about the same thing.
All I did in this post was answer a, and I quote "Prediction?".
I gave a prediction. Nothing more, nothing less.
If you crybabys will have be banned for answering a simple question with a simple, straightforward answer, then you people suck more than I originally thought. Screw you.

Predictions?
[/quote]
I predict a blowout.
Toronto Argonauts 48 - Saskatchewan Roughriders 3
[/quote]
You know, I do enjoy reading, but don't post a lot because of "contributors" like this who's only real goal is to annoy people and stir the pot. Failure to ban guys like this reminds people such as myself why I do not bother to post much, and promotes me to just go elsewhere. I saw their previous posts, which seem to have been deleted, and just assumed the user would be banned.
[/quote]
First of all, I was banned. For about the same thing.
All I did in this post was answer a, and I quote "Prediction?".
I gave a prediction. Nothing more, nothing less.
If you crybabys will have be banned for answering a simple question with a simple, straightforward answer, then you people suck more than I originally thought. Screw you.
[/quote]
Yes you made a prediction but like I said do you honestly think the Argos beat the Riders by that score? I highly doubt it and you also made a comment in another post about how the Riders are the same as the Bombers were in 2013. Again as pointed out by myself and another poster that isn't true either.
When you come to a forum like this and start off with a smart azz comment knowing it will not be received well by the readers you set yourself up for this kind of hostility. Theres nothing wrong with coming here and saying you think the argos win by a realistic score say 28- 6 or whatever but when you make wild predictions knowing full well it will start a flaming war then don't point the finger at us.
This is our house and you are a guest maybe if you acted appropriately you would be treated like wise.

You aint got the balls.

I don't get it. Granted the guy is a little wacko sometimes but for him to be attacked because of his prediction is way out of line, especially with what went down 3 weeks ago. Richie Hall has rarely had an answer to Rays dink and dunk attack, and I don't see that changing much this weekend. I predict 25 Toronto 1st downs and then what is that going to translate to on the scoreboard? Personally I don't blame him for thinking that way when he doesn't have the Green sunglasses on. Riders O has been a joke all year. He could very well be close. And before you start trashing me for this, reconsider what went down 3 weeks ago and tell me the Green coolaiders saw that coming.

You see, this is why the mods should not have deleted his posts last week. Madden came in here to the Rider forum and ran his mouth something real stupid. All confrontational and complete hot air. Then the mods wiped it all without a word, including the responses.

Should have left all the posts up to let him embarrass himself for eternity.

He aint predicting s--t. He's just a punk-ass tryin to toss some salad, and he needs to be slapped.

As prairiedog72 said he came on here a couple of weeks ago and completely trashed talked the Riders. Yes he has a right to his opinion but when you come into a specific teams forums and trash talk and troll well sorry but it doesn't sit to well.
As I said in another post there are places this kind of behavior is more then tolerated and almost to the point of being encouraged. So please go ahead and have at it there. In here though it is considered to be rude and poor sportsmanship.
As I also pointed out the last time he showed up I would never consider going into another teams forums and start trash talking about their team. I will go on the sports networks forums and get my shots in there. As I also previously pointed out if he had made a reasonable prediction and not one intended to start a flame war especially with his past history then that would have been acceptable here. He chose not to take the high road and conduct himself in my opinion in an appropriate manner thus the hostility. I have seen posts from obvious fans of other teams but they made an intelligent point and they were civil about it. That I can respect even if I may not agree with them.
It all comes down to how you conduct yourself in how you are treated. Coming in here as I said which is our house and being rude and obnoxious is not going to get you the welcome mat at the front door. Being polite and making a valid point will go a lot further towards how your post is treated.

Oh and while the last two games the Riders offense has not been good is true but to say all year is not . They tore Hamilton a new one and very easily. Only three games is a bit quick to write any team off also. Look at the Lions start and how bad they were. Two games later and they are flying. Oh and not a fan of the Green cool aid comments. Sure there are those that think their team can do no wrong but that isn't only Rider fans guilty of that. If you would take the time to read some of my own posts I have been extremely critical of the team but they are still my team.

This started a few weeks back, I made a prediction and he showed up and made rude comments directed at me. Based on week 1 I expected the Riders to come out flying, as they did not, I did not deserve the rude attack on myself from this a-hole.. others jumped in. He has everything coming he gets here. I would not go into another teams forum and talk trash as he does. And my prediction this week is 27-15 Riders!