Excellent ratings- here they are
CFL RULES THE AIR
While the faltering Toronto Blue Jays are still drawing decent television audiences, they can't compare with the Canadian Football League.
The three most-watched sports events over last weekend were three-down football games. What's amazing about that is that only one was what you might call a classic: the Saskatchewan-Edmonton game. The Argo-Bomber game was a yawn and the Stampeders-Lions game was a blowout.
Ratings for the Canadian Open were the lowest ever, but the fact very little golf was played on the weekend had a lot to do with that. I guess people could have looked out the window if they wanted to watch rain.
Here are the weekend sports ratings for English Canada, as provided by BBM Nielsen Media Research:
- Football, Argos at Blue Bombers, Friday, TSN: 455,000
- Football, Eskimos at Rough Riders, Saturday, TSN: 427,000
- Football, Stampeders at Lions, Friday, TSN: 409,000
- Baseball, Rays at Blue Jays, Saturday, Sportsnet: 337,000
- Baseball, Rays at Blue Jays, Friday, Sportsnet: 332,000*
- Baseball, Rays at Blue Jays, Sunday, Sportsnet: 317,000
- Auto racing, NASCAR Sprint Cup, Sunday, TSN: 287,000
- Golf, Canadian Open, Sunday, Global/CBS: 200,000
- Golf, Canadian Open, Saturday, Global/CBS: 157,000
- Auto racing, F1 Hungarian Grand Prix, Sunday, TSN: 151,000
- Aquatics, World diving championships, Saturday, CBC: 150,000
- Ontario and Pacific channels only