Week 3 TV Averages Increases to 778,333+++ Per Game

The numbers are in for week three and unbelievably the CFL remains number 1 and 2 and after this week the average in higher and in fact I would go as far to say probably the highest viewership of the year.
Especially since the Toronto game numbers are not known as this was a Wednesday game and is not part of the weekend TV viewership. How stupid for Chris still not to let us know. Sometimes this guy can be anal as overall being a pro NFL guy like the entire Star newspaper. But I digress.
Anyway since there was no other sports on TV that Wednesday as being a MLB Allstar break, I would venture how close to 1M would have watched?
The other X factor is the RDS figure which Chris again, and you would never know he is the Argo beat writer, fails to show. Based on last years figures the average Als viewership on RDS was around 300,000 so this game drew in excess of 1M.
I have calculated the overall running total for week three and less the Argo game to an unbelievable 776,455 and to think summer viewership is generally down what with holidays and people not watching as much?

http://thestar.blogs.com/sportsmedia/

Regarding the Toronto game, Mark Cohon stated on a Globe and Mail live chat today that the Toronto-Calgary game drew 750,000 viewers on Wednesday night.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/football/mark-cohon-takes-your-questions/article1645118/

This year has had some great ratings. If I'm not mistaken, some of the higher viewed games last year have the same ratings as the lower viewed games that year. If that's the case, than fantastic!

Considering the ratings are so good, why do I still feel like I'm part of some sort of weird cult for being a fan of the CFL/TiCats?

Don’t let the nay sayers/No Fun Leaguers have their way with you and most definitely do not drink their kool aid.

Being a CFL fan is just something you do and generally don't make a huge deal out of. Being a National Failure League fan is something you have to flaunt or just wear a jersey because its cool (for some reason).

hahahaha - TFC -hahahaha
132,000 hahahahaha
dead last in ratings - hahahahaaha
future of sports
hahahahahahha
gonna be huge they said - hahahahaha
hahahahahhaahahahahahahha

Good point DG I was going to mention this.
What a fiasco, family and friends.

How do this years TV numbers compare to last year? Up I guess, but would love to know by how much, if you had the time to calculate?

They have nearly doubled, as last year regular season was in the mid 400,000 range.
The CFL property has been undervalued and the next TV contract the league should begin the negotiations at a minimum $30M per year.
In fact, that may be low.

Thanks AT. Yes, 100% agree and I hope the CFL is already quietly putting the word out with the other networks they're 'open' to offers. My worry is that no one else bids and TSN under pays again.

Especially since the Toronto game numbers are not known as this was a Wednesday game and is not part of the weekend TV viewership. How stupid for Chris still not to let us know. Sometimes this guy can be anal as overall being a pro NFL guy like the entire Star newspaper.
Last year as soon as the NFL started up in September the Star included weekday games in their Top 20 ratings, to coincide with the startup of Thursday and Monday night NFL games, but ignored CFL games played on Thursdays and holiday Mondays. :roll:

You have to be careful, as numbers before September of last year are not comparable with these. It was then that the new, more accurate ratings system was put in place, which same a sizeable spike in the ratings of some programs, especially sports and especially NHL and CFL.

Yes that is true, however then everything is skewed.