Week 3 - CFL Players of the Week

Toronto, ON - (July 15, 2008) - Jarious Jackson, Javier Glatt, Tristan Jackson and Jesse Lumsden were named the CFL's top players for week #3, the Canadian Football League announced today.

Players of the Week are selected for on-field excellence by members of the Canadian football broadcasters.

[b]OFFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK

QB - Jarious Jackson - B.C. Lions[/b]

B.C. Lions 42 @ Winnipeg Blue Bombers 24

Highlights / Key Stats:

QB Jarious Jackson had his best day in the CFL as he led the B.C. Lions to a big victory on the road in Winnipeg . Jackson was 19 for 24 (79.2%) for 340 yards and a league-high five touchdown passes with only one interception and a purrfect passer rating of 158.3. Jackson spread the ball around by completing passes to seven different receivers, with his primary target being Geroy Simon who had seven receptions. Jackson also ran twice for 18 yards.

On the season, Jackson is 43 of 72 (59.7%) for 599 yards, throwing six touchdowns and three interceptions for a 96.9 passer efficiency rating. He has rushed 12 times for 58 yards.

Unanimous selection.

[b]DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK

LB - Javier Glatt - B.C. Lions[/b]

B.C. Lions 42 @ Winnipeg Blue Bombers 24

Highlights / Key Stats:

Javier Glatt recorded six tackles and two interceptions in the Lions victory. Both of Glatt's interceptions came in the first half. His six tackles included three on CFL All-Star running back Charles Roberts.

Glatt has 20 tackles on the season and one special teams' tackle. He also has two interceptions.

Unanimous selection.

[b]SPECIAL TEAMS PLAYER OF THE WEEK

KR/PR - Tristan Jackson - Edmonton Eskimos[/b]

Toronto Argonauts 28 @ Edmonton Eskimos 47

Highlights / Key Stats:

In addition to his 89-yard interception return touchdown, first year player Tristan Jackson had four punt returns for 120 yards including a 61-yard touchdown. He also had three kick returns for 74 yards. His 194 special team yards led the CFL in week three.

Tristan Jackson has returned 12 punts for a league-high 228 yards and one touchdown this season. He has also returned seven kickoffs for 160 yards.

Unanimous selection.

[b]CANADIAN PLAYER OF THE WEEK

RB - Jesse Lumsden - Hamilton Tiger-Cats[/b]

Saskatchewan Roughriders 33 @ Hamilton Tiger-Cats 28

Highlights / Key Stats:

Jesse Lumsden is named the top Canadian player for the second straight week. In a hard fought loss to the Saskatchewan Roughriders, Lumsden carried the ball 19 times for 136 yards and two touchdowns. He also had one reception for 15 yards.

Lumsden has a league leading 362 rushing yards on 48 carries this season and four touchdowns and is third in the league with 382 yards from scrimmage.

Runners Up

WR - Chris Bauman - Hamilton Tiger-Cats

LB - Javier Glatt - B.C. Lions

Ummm only a few hours behind, and I already read them on the home page on this website. :lol:

Yep, I never understood why people copied and pasted the same articles from the front page, either...

...yeah, especially seeing that RLR didn't feel the need do this the previous two weeks...

Some people go straight to the forumn and like it when this gets done.

And by some people I mean me

So how about a link? And I'm with Red...if he had done this the last two weeks, perhaps it would look like he was really interested in this stuff, rather than just boasting...again...

RLR, I like your Wally quote! I could actually picture him saying that :lol: .

...thing is, he is saying it to his own players...

Any reason to bitch guys, any reason. I posted it on here because I haven't seen it yet, and like Billy Soup said some don't read the articles or even go to the CFL main page. If you don't like it, don't reply.

Unreal.

Well if you didnt see it How did you post it?
Why is it you only have this concern for the other posters when the lions make the list???

I didn't see it posted on the forum. How do you know the circumstances of why I didn't post it the last two weeks? Grow up ro, your act is getting very, very old.

For those of you who appreciate the information that I posted, it is my pleasure. I won't be on the rest of this week as I will be in Las Vegas and should be back on the weekend.

By the way ro, the Lions made the list plenty last season and you didn't see me posting this list often at all.

Thanks, it's a great one.

…mmm, I’ve heard better…

I dont really care why you didnt post the last 2 weeks and I know why you did this week.

AS for growing up....
I'm not the one with a picture of another person in my sig....I don't swoon over other people....
You really need to get over this hero worship of yours

Lol. You have a picture of an airplane on a CFL forum. I have a picture of a coach whose team I support very much, and I also have season tickets for this team. Do we have to go over this again, the fact that CFL fans come on this forum and are allowed to be fans? You are a mod, you should know this ro. You're hilarious man.

and here comes the mod part again.....
SO you SUPPORT a team....wow! Like I have said many time....MY sig is realated to me...Thats what a sig is!
You on the other hand try to relate yourself to someone else! What someone else has done

Actually, as a fan of the BC Lions, it'd be weird for me not to relate to what the team or coach has done. Especially being on the CFL forums, I feel that this sig is actually quite appropriate. Being a long time season ticket holder of the Lions and watching almost all of their games, that would make me a staunch fan and supporter of the team which represents the province that I live in.

My sig is related to me because I am a BC Lions fan, and a Wally Buono fan. Is that too difficult to comprehend? We are, of course, on the CFL forums, aren't we? Looking across many of the people who post on these boards, I think you will be pleasantly surprised how many people, not only in their sigs, but in their avatars show support for the team that they cheer for. That's what makes the CFL forums so special and so much fun.

There is being a fan and supporting your team.... and there is hero worship...
Sorry but I dont see the logic in having someone else's face as a representative of me

So you designed and built that plane in your sig?

I'll give you benefit of the doubt and assume you fly one. It's a product you use, The Lions (which Wally is a part of) are a product we use. What's the difference? At least one of the two is related to this forum.

So you designed and built that plane in your sig?

I'll give you benefit of the doubt and assume you fly one. It's a product you use, The Lions (which Wally is a part of) are a product we use. What's the difference? At least one of the two is related to this forum ....