Week 3: B.C. @ Saskatchewan

Yup…same as i said to…huge momentum swing

I am worried about LB's.

Hurl looked lost against BC. Tristan Black did not fair any better.

Peters...........I his defence I can't wait for them to stop moving him around. Let him play one spot............but until Kilgore gets 100%, 3 more games............LB's are not our strength. Very undersized LB corps and once a big O-lineman gets in front of them they are cooked.

Lots of penalties, missed tackles..........lost assignments. The only surprise is they were not blown out.

My biggest concern is BC was very vanilla and executed well. Other than Manny Arcenaux the two Rb's caughy most balls. But BC wanted it more and executed these things well over and over. They won the trenches on both side.

Field position, huge............they had short field all night? When we needed a few 1st down to tilt the field we went 2 and out?

Crappy game all around.

Agree, I thought Durant played pretty well, not awesome but he was pretty solid. Receiving corps is hurting right now. Not making plays. Taj is the only guy getting it done consistently.

Overall I thought that the Riders played them pretty even and the game was decided on 4 key mental errors.

1 - Bad tackling on the Harris TD. T-Brack took a poor angle, Wheldon took a good angle but should have either had him wrapped although it was a decent stiff arm should have at least worked him out of bounds, then Tristan wtf was he doing on the play? 7 points.

2 - Fumbling with 5 seconds before halftime. 3 points.

3 - Dumb penalty on the 40 yd FG (although in fairness never saw what Guyton did, there was a horrible rough play called against BC on the Marshay Green near fumble in the first Quarter, could have been another phantom flag although he DID look guilty on the bench). 2 plays later it was in the endzone. 4 points.

4 - Riley dropped the perfect strike that would have put them back into the game.

The first 3 DIRECTLY total 14 points in a game that was lost by 13. :confused:

Other than the Harris TD I thought the tackling was MUCH better than in Toronto (couldn’t be much worse). The middle if the d-line needs work. An upgrade. Something. Khari and the Lions saw what Toronto did and pretty much copied it. Easy yards in the middle led to space in the flats for playmakers. Take last weeks film and substitute Harris for Owens, you have much the same film.

I thought the secondary played well.

Riders receivers need to make plays.

As much as Sask was soft against the run, BC’s passing game was not in sync in the first half. LOTS of dropped passes for them all around. But the Riders did not take advantage, allowing BC to take over in the 2nd half.

Offensive line played well. The run game was strong as ever. The blocks were there, the space was there. Lions have a very good d-line. Durant still had enough time to throw, there wasn’t much downfield. Still only gave up 2 sacks. Again, receivers need to make plays.

Hard to watch. Poor effort in all areas. Should help BC's morale though.